How do You use Liquid Dish Detergent?

A. Do you put some on a sponge and wash each dish separately?

B. You put some in a dish pan and soak the dishes, pass a sponge over them and then rinse?

C. ?

Your favorite detergent?

Mine is Polmolive Green.

Thanks,

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce K.

C. I fill up my sink with hot water and dish soap and scrub them with a scotch brite sponge.

Dawn Power Plus

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I prefer Reeva brand with bleach alternative in it. It gets anything that has grease on it, no matter how stuck on, clean. I use it in the laundry when my sons stink up their gym clothes or get muddy as well. It gets everything out.

We always dilute dish soap with water...about 50/50 and put > A. Do you put some on a sponge and wash each dish separately?

Reply to
B McGee

Dawn is my favorite. My second is Ivory Liquid due to its stain-removal properties. Jeez, I hope I didn't upset Mr. F. Bentos.

Reply to
Phisherman

I'd like to upset him.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

No wonder. And I quote from across the pond,

"The ever increasing price of Fairy Liquid and other household detergents is important to most decent subscribers here. ... Is there any guarantee that your Palmolive will be as kind to your hands as my Fairy? ... Nov 7 2000 by Mr F. Bentos"

Reply to
Phisherman

Classic Bentos. Thanks for the memories.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

Sponges are a breeding ground for bacteria because they never dry out completely between dish washing sessions. I use a dish washing cloth instead and hang it to dry. When it is very dirty or stained I can put it into the washing machine with a little bleach and it comes out ready to use again.

I choose the washing method that best suits my needs at the moment. Sometimes washing individual pieces under the faucet (called lab washing), and sometimes filling the sink with water and washing a sink full of dishes.

Preferred soaps are Joy-lemon scent or Palmolive-original green. Debra in VA See my quilts at

Debra

I always use a washing up bowl to wash glasses, then cups, saucers, sideplates working through until the dirtiest dishes come last. I use a dishcloth and a brush and keep handy stronger scrubbers nearby. Every item is rinsed before being placed on my draining board for wiping dry. I always use Fairy.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Hands that do dishes can be soft as your face, with mild green Fairy liquid. jingle jingle

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I use the dishwasher.. a Kenmore. I use cascade in it. It does a good job.

SandraB Huntsville AL

Reply to
Sandra S Beall

"Cascade 2-in-1 Action Pacs with Dawn" is what I'm currently purchasing (E-Gad, who makes up these names?) The folks across the pond have no idea of this brand except for the Fairy green liquid. Dawn is a great grease cutter. I suspect the green liquid is Palmolive. I'm bad... Glad I'm not in Huntsville.

Good Day

Reply to
Phisherman

Why would P&G sell Palmolive?

P&G's VP for R&D is J Keith Grime. Grime got together with Rhodia, which is not in Rhode Island but New Jersey. Since 2003 they have been producing a secret chemical exclusively for P&G. It makes bubbles last longer.

Most Brits are bubble freaks. We all made a certain assumption when Mr. B said he preferred Fairy. So many have switched such an assumption could be mistaken nowadays.

In America, Joy, Ivory, and Dawn have that chemical.

Reply to
Denominator

very witty. I believe Dawn and Fairy to be one and the same. "bad"? Do you mean ill or have you been a naughty boy?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I believe bubbles are unnecessary. As for the Fairy... Is that some sort of "in" joke here? If so, please let us all in on it.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

You and Mr. B /thought/ it was an "in" joke, but since America invented the internet, we have become far more sophisticated than you thought.

Denominator

Me? Naughty?

Reply to
Phisherman

In the south USA as I understand it from the teenagers I know, Bad is slang for really really good to have: Like, if someone is really Bad, then the could be good looking or sexy, or etc....

Sandra B Huntsville, AL

Reply to
Sandra S Beall

Yes, if it's just a few dishes and not worth filling a dishpan for.

Yes, if it's more than just a handfull and I need some soaking to dislodge gunk. I don't like sponges - I grab a fesh dishrag each time. They are cheap and cost nothing to launder. I do keep a sponge around for easy pickup of spilled liquids on the counter and then toss in wash, or give em a microwave shot after rinsing well.

Ajax or Palmolive - whatever is red and looks good in my kitchen. I don't buy P and G products - period.

I alos use a squirt of dish liq mixed with vinegar and baking soda for a homemade Softscrub copycat. On soapbox now - I transfer the dish liq to a pump bottle. I can't STAND the sight of a Joy bottle on the sink - i.e. I don't like anything with writing in sight. I watched an HGTV show where they refurbished this fabuloso kitchen, then ruined the look with a Joy bottle on the sink. Also hate those Johnny mops supposedly hidden in a holder behind a toilet.

Reply to
val189

On 9 Mar 2007 15:48:54 -0800, "val189" wrote: [...]

So where *would* you hide them?

Reply to
aspasia