how do I clean urine stain on underside of plastic toilet seat?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I know the post is a month old, but...
Try muriatic acid (also known as HCl). Big-box stores typically sell it in 1 gallon plastic jugs, usually as a pool supply. It's strong stuff, but it has a lot of uses. Can remove soap and water calcification on ceramic bathtubs and sinks and stainless steel sinks very easily. I use it full strength (take a paper towel, hold it against the open mouth of the jug and invert the jug a few times, then wipe the surface with the wet paper towel). Will give off some strong fumes, will sting any open cuts on your hands or finger tips but other than that it's harmless. Just rinse with water.
Removes rust very quickly - I soak a lot of rusted screws and stuff in a mix of hot water and muriatic acid. It's about the only thing that can remove dried cat pee stains from a variety of surfaces (plastic, laminates, etc).
Hi I had the same problem, believe me like you I tried everything. The soluti on is in our kitchen cupboards not expensive products. All you will need is white vinger & bicarbonated soda. Take 3 table spoons of bicarbonated soda & mix it with the vinger, until you get a thick paste. The vinger mixture will fizz but its 100% safe. Using a toothbrush rub in to the stain, a litt le elbow greece is needed but with in minutes you will see visual results. Leave paste on for 5-10 minutes and wipe clean. Amazing results before you r eyes. Ive just tried the above and I can proudly put my seat up :) Give i t a go n let me know, once a month should be great no more stains.
What I found to get rid of the urine stains under the seat is to gently clean the area with wire wool. I got mine from Lidl (Aquapur) as it's not too abrasive and it did the trick very well. Happy scrubbing gently gently remember.
replying to pfb123, RAIN wrote:

Go to family dollar and get MEAN GREEN It works wonders on just about anything
replying to RAIN, Sophia Hoyte wrote: I got indelible nicotine stains on mine I spray painted it silver to match the chrome in the bathroom.
On Thursday, April 19, 2007 at 9:53:42 AM UTC-5, pfb123 wrote:

Peroxide
replying to pfb123, Helen wrote: Hi, just use a rough scourer pad and regular bathroom cleaner or bleach, comes off in seconds.
replying to pfb123, BCS wrote: What about cleaning attached plastic riser seats for toilets. They are made from a different material than a regular toilet seat, much more porous. Also is there something that can be applied that will protect them from getting the stains in the first place, such as a wax.
replying to pfb123, Joann Myers wrote: I take medication that causes my urine to turn bright yellow and stained my toilet seat bad. Tried bleach, vinegar, scrubbing pad, scrubbing powder. Nothing worked. Found a product Krud Kutter Concentrated Cleaner Degreaser Stain Remover. White spray bottle with red label. Cost about $12.00. Buy at any hardware store. Hopes this help and didn't damage seat and turned it white again. Bio degradable and non toxic.
On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 1:14:04 AM UTC-5, Joann Myers wrote:

Take and old tooth brush and some tooth paste as a cleaner/abrasion tool. Gets crevaces and is hot harm on plastic. Old wood workers used it to remove water marks on furniture