Re: Cat urine in wood flooring - how to remove????

I had an apartment that had a two cat problem. I also kilzed and treated in order to kill the odor, but once the weather got warm and moist the smell came back. I finally got a tower ionizer and tried that. It worked wonders!! The smells disappeared in just a few hours. Unfortunately they came back pretty quick. I left it running for a few months and it solved the problem permanently. I hope this helps.

Norm >Hello all,

>We're buying a house that had a 25-cat problem for a few years. They soaked >through the carpet and padding into the particle board underlayment, they >wet on the vinyl flooring in the kitchen and dining room, and they probably >sprayed the walls a bit. >Someone has already removed the carpet and padding and let the place air for >over 6 months. Then they washed the floors down with a bleach solution and >sealed with KILZ (2 coats). >The smell is much less, but unlivable just the same. WHAT CAN WE DO? >I've read and heard all the suggestions about the above procedures, but >they've already been done. Now what? Baking soda? Vinegar? >Also, there is a concrete cellar in which the stench is unbearable. What to >do there? >Has the smell soaked into the walls and ceilings? >Someone suggested an ozone air cleaner, but isn't that just masking the >odor? >Please help! > >bb in Oregon >
Reply to
nholcomb

You could use odarid cat and dog pee neutraliser. That works well

Reply to
odordude