Frugal non slip throw rugs?

I need some 3' x 5' throw rugs to keep in various places in my house to keep from tracking outside dirt everywhere.

I brought some from Costco but they slip and slide around as my floors are hard surfaced. Plus I don't think I could take these rugs to a dry cleaner and have them cleaned.

Does anyone know of some 3x5 rugs that have a GOOD non slip backing and are made such that a person could roll them up and take them to dry cleaners?

Reply to
me

You can get non-slip pads to use under throw rugs.

Reply to
Vox Humana

-> I need some 3' x 5' throw rugs to keep in various

-> places in my house to keep from tracking outside dirt

-> everywhere.

->

-> I brought some from Costco but they slip and slide

-> around as my floors are hard surfaced. Plus I don't

-> think I could take these rugs to a dry cleaner and have

-> them cleaned.

->

-> Does anyone know of some 3x5 rugs that have a GOOD non

-> slip backing and are made such that a person could roll

-> them up and take them to dry cleaners?

You can get cheap throw rugs with rubber backing just about anywhere. Try any of the "dollar" stores, Wal-Mart, K-mart, etc.

As someone mentioned, you can also get non-slip pads to use under your rugs.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

I have had good luck at K-mart and you can launder them in the big machines at the coin laundry.

Reply to
Quin McCoy

I will check Kmart out

Do you remember the brand names of the rugs by any chance?

Reply to
me

[snip]

We purchased some six years ago from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for our bathrooms. Multiple washings later, they're still doing their jobs nicely. I just checked and no tags, though. When we looked, I was interested in the weave and backing since our last set (by Cannon) wasn't able to make it through a year of washing (probably five times total).

The Ranger

-- "Why don't you talk to yourself?" "Because I get too many stupid answers." -- Abbot and Costello, "Hold that Ghost"

Reply to
The Ranger