Dried greese on stove burner

I have a stove burner that has greese that has dried to a sticky consistency. What is a good method to clean this mess?

TIA

Reply to
Jo

Bon Ami. On rubbery or baked-on black grease, Bon Ami makes Comet and Ajax look like baby powder. And it doesn't scratch.

Reply to
jamie

Did you really mean a "burner?" Gas or electric? If gas, clear the vent holes with a toothpick. A yellow flame indicates incomplete combustion and needs attention. If the flame is colorless or blue, that's great. If electric, turn on the exhaust fan and turn on the burner to high for 2-3 minutes and the grease will burn off. Avoid cleaning a burner element as these can be damaged with cleaning products.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thanks. I ran out of Bon Ami and had to search for a retailer that carried it. Target use to carry it but no longer. Found that Albertson's Market has it.

Joe

Reply to
Jo