latex paint cleanup

Get a product called "Goof Off" from the hardware or paint store. Make sure you get the kind for latex paint. Test a small area to be sure it doesn't cause a problem with your wood as it is impossible to tell what kind of finish it has. I have had good luck with this. If the paint is really stubborn, you may have to use a nonabrasive pad such as a Scothcbright pad.

Here is a link to the product page:

Vox Humana

I had some painting done by a couple of kids who left a lot of splotches on an oak stairs and floors. The painting was done a couple of weeks ago. The oak is pritty old and not in really great shape. but I would hate to have to sand and refinish these.

Any sugestions on how to get that up.= without having to sand the floors?

Reply to
judy

Hi Judy

Ammonia is used to restore dried paint on brushes by soaking them in the ammonia.

Perhaps a cosmetic pad with some ammonia on it placed over the drops will loosen them up for you.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.