drain cleanier 2 part

noticed that 2 part drain cleaner consists of hydrogen peroxide and regular drain cleaner--did sosme experimenting--took some hydrogen peroxide say 1 8 oz gave it a squirt of dish washer detergent and poured in some drain clenaer--tremendous bubbling of the peroxide and large amount of suds from the detergent--then

poured hot water down drain, then 8 oz of peroxide and squirt of detergent then drain cleander--nothing backed up drain but i suspect massive foaming in drain--i understand that when bubbles are formed they exert thousands of tons of force--should really get cleqaner dispersed in drain--i would wear total eye protection if you want to experiment--next time i am going to use more concentrated hydrogen peroxide like they us to bleach hair

hth peter

Reply to
ilaboo

Do be careful dear. If you're not 100% positive what the outcome would be it is best to leave well alone. I used a drain cleaner once that ate the bottom of my u - bend away, I dread to think what it could have done if mixed with another chemical.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk