cleaning fiberglass tubs

I have 2 fiberglass tubs, 7 years old, that are impossible to keep clean- they've got layer upon layer of ground-in soap scum and gunk. I clean them every week with a liquid non-abrasive cleaner and a soft sponge, but it doesn't help very much. Any tips?

Katie

Reply to
FussyKatie

I have fiberglass tubs and shower stalls which are 13 years old and have no problem at all. The best thing I've used thus far is Kaboom, which I bought in Walmart.

bonnie

Katie

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

Not knowing the details makes this a tough call. You can try this...

3/4 cup Mule Team Borax 1/4 cup Baking Soda Mix these two powders and add just enough dishwashing liquid to make a thick paste. I recommend Dawn or Ivory liquid.

I found this paste to be a powerful cleaner for many plastic-based items, both inside and outside the home. It is inexpensive to make and reasonably non-toxic.

Have you tried a tub-and-tile bathroom spray? The "scrubb>I have 2 fiberglass tubs, 7 years old, that are impossible to keep clean-

Reply to
Phisherman

You can try some Dawn Power Dissolver (found with the dish detergent in the grocery store.) Spray it on and let it sit for a while, then wipe with a rag or sponge and rinse. If the gel coat is worn on the tubs, you might not be able to get them really clean looking.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Katie,

I had success dealing with the same problem using "tub-rite". You can check it out at

Good luck.

Peter

FussyKatie wrote:

Reply to