remove soap scum on fiberglass?

I'm using 409 and Lysol with a nylon brush, it works but takes a while. I was wondering if anyone here knew something better. Thanks

Yes, but I don't know if this will help.

If you have a restaurant supply house that serves the cleaning needs of restaurants and bars, hotels etc.. then stop in and speak with them. Their is one locally in our area and they sell 'scum remover'. Now, they get it in a 55 gallon drum and pump it into a one gallon container for us, so the actual product name could be anything.

What the product is actually is a liquid scrubbing solution, much like Ajax or Bon-Ami, but it is in liquid form. It doesn't hurt your hands either.

You put some on a sponge or rag and clean, the soap and scum comes right off!

Like I said, you have to go to a real restaurant/ bar or hotel cleaning supply house and talk with them. The stuff works and for 18 years has not harmed my fiberglass. It rinses right off. Wait until you see how shinny your fixtures look afterwards!

Best to you

Rich

Reply to
GeoeMan1

Purple Stuff. Available in various, similar names from Home Depot, Auto Zone, Advance Auto parts

Reply to
Ryan

I use PineSol on my glass (not fiberglass) shower door, and it removes soap scum very well. It is totally useless for mildew, however.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson