Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Heater Popping and Sizzling
I have an AO Smith 100-gallon water heater that's popping and sizzling. I'm pretty sure there's a sizeable mineral deposit on the bottom that's creating these noises and has successfully escaped my...
4
4

Clean your room
For your perusing pleasure... Cleaning your room can feel like an overwhelming task, but it is likely a quicker and easier process than you imagine! Play music, write a list, give yourself rewards,...
1
1

Rings on marble table top
We have marble topped nightstands with moisture rings. This was an accident, but what can I do??? Help! Thank you------------- Donna
1
1

removing turmeric stain?
Somehow, I got sauce with turmeric in it on a white acrylic sweater. Tried Spray n Wash, hand soap, even a night in a bleach solution. It's lighter but still noticeable. Any suggestions? Meanwhile, I...
4
4

gasoline spilled on unfinished wood floor
We are in the process of finishing a cabin we purchased. Unfortunately the pine wood flooring is already installed. Since we are WAY down a private road (two track) we do not have electric yet. So...
2
2

Cleaning bottom of stainless kettle
I've got an old stainless steel coffee carafe, the kind they use (used?) in coffee shops with the flip-up lid. This does not have a copper bottom. I use it exclusively to boil water on a gas range....
4
4

Home Based Winner...WOW...
What Will You Learn From The Top Money Producer? Learn The Secret... Go Here:

Hiring Ad Paste "Netzon_2007"
Early copper storage container with double handles c1700 to 1780. This unique early copper bucket or container was put together with hand made dovetails. There is a top, lower and bottom section all...

Cooking fat residue on upholstery
Hi everyone, I think the extractor fan in my kitchen hasn't been working too well as I've begun to notice that during cooking, smoke/steam drifts over to the dining area and deposits a sticky residue...
1
1

Smelly Towels
We have cotton towels that have developed a terrrible mildew smell, regardless of how clean they are. This is frustrating, because you come clean out of the shower and walk away dry and smelling like...
8
8

Steam Cleaning
I have been given a small steaming machine for the purposes of cleaning. I am not impressed. I found it hard to hold away from my face, the steam was not strong enough to remove any stains and I had...
2
2

Re: What is it? CXCII
Spammer -B-Gone! http://www.prestonservices.co.uk/instruments.htm
4
4

fragrance sucks...
For some reason I am revolted by perfumed consumer products and it irritates the hell out of me that I can't find any cleaning or personal hygiene products that aren't overloaded with synthetic...
9
9

Grease spots
Maybe everyone except me knows this. I had a couple of grease spots on a pair of my slacks which remained after being washed and dried a couple of times. I rubbed Dawn dishwashing liquid into the...
3
3

work problem
my works toilet has been blocked by an inconsiderate customer. I have poked a bendy implement down there but when I flush, the water and other unmentionables won't go away, the water then drains very...
7
7