removing turmeric stain?

Somehow, I got sauce with turmeric in it on a white acrylic sweater. Tried Spray n Wash, hand soap, even a night in a bleach solution. It's lighter but still noticeable. Any suggestions? Meanwhile, I vow not to wear white or lights to Thai restaurants any more.

Thanks.

Reply to
val189

Try hydrogen peroxide ... just pour it on the spot. See if it helps. It should be safe....it is on most synthetic fibers.

Reply to
Dottie

Did you use Spray n Wash spray or Spray n Wash stick? I find the stick works wonders on many things. I have never liked the spray, it does not work even half as well as the solid stick does. I would put it on both sides of the sweater, use your fingernails or a spoon to scrape at it forcing the stain stick into the stain. Add more, leave overnight. Don't be afraid to do it again.

I absolutely swear by the stain stick and can't believe the things it gets out. I think the trick on bad stains is the scraping I do with the solution on the fabric. I think it helps to release the stain from inside of the fabric fibers.

I have a Avon nail brush that has a bumpy side (tiny pyramids all in rows on the back side) and I use this. The smooth but hard surface does not damage the clothing like a brush would. Which is why I just use my fingernail when the back of the brush is missing.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Autumn

Reply to
val189

Yes, it's the stick I used. Usually, this, plus some good old Fels yellow soap, does the trick. I let it soak all night. I'll try another application and maybe try the hydrogen peroxide. Whadduihaftalose? I could try tinting the sweater beige, but that usually doesn't work too well - the stainssometimes won't take the dye. Maybe I'll just make it into a 3/4 sleever?

Not done fightin' yet....thanks for the replies, ladies.

Reply to
val189