White stain with powdery substance on wood joist

White stain with powdery substance on wood joist open original image
White stain with powdery substance on wood joist open original image

Hi - We noticed a white powdery substance on the wood joists in our attic? Does anyone have any clue on what this could be? I'm not sure if this could be mold, a ventilation issue, or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we want to make sure everyone's safe.

Reply to
jessboettger

You need to find out what the white powder is so you can pin point the source. I would call my local health department and tell them you are worried the white powder could be a health risk and they should be able to give you some advise.

Reply to
Jack G.

replying to jessboettger, Bobby wrote: Could be mold. May be a ventilation issue so correct both.

Reply to
Bobby

Was your house ever exterminated?

Reply to
01001100110

Oren posted for all of us...

+1
Reply to
Tekkie®
01001100110 posted for all of us...

I believe the OP stated he saw it in the attic, so I presume it's still standing. Don't they usually demolish homes? Take a LOT of bullets to exterminate it. Give it to the fire co for practice they will take care of it cooties and all.

Reply to
Tekkie®