I understand that some stone resin shower trays ( G4 Kudos ) can't be laid on raised timber why ?

All stone resin shower trays should not be laid on raised timber or any other type of wood that easily expands and cracks when it get overwhelmingly wet. Popular woods for these type of applications are Elm, Beech, and Oak, because they retain their shape and sturdiness even when they are wet.

Reply to
disqus_1ldADFwgs4

No further details provided

Reply to
buglebri

Hi Daniel thank for your reply It would be my intention to keep the water in the tray by going OTT on waterproofing since the tray is in a recess 1600 x 900 tray and hope for the best regards buglebri

Reply to
Anonymous