Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

dont know if anyone here can help i have 100's of concrete block home plans.. and need some wood frame home detail sheets meeting florida code. anone know where i can locate some? thanks
dont know if anyone here can help i have 100's of concrete block home plans.. and need some wood frame home detail sheets meeting florida code anone know where i can locate some?
4
4

Re: Its sometimes difficult to.....
We can rarely build high enough to allow 3rd floors but I constantly am asked to make the second floor larger than the main and garage combined. More like 30 than 50%. I call them mushroom houses.......
19
19

Re: Heads up 3d Paul
"Don" Ouch.

Anybody know this house?
I'm working on a new project and the client saw a house that inspires him ("Chateaux des Reves" by Architect John C. Henry). The house can be seen here: the link to Good Morning America's story on the...
46
46

today's light humor
Some people go to school to become a Dr. My big sister is an MBA. I appear to have made an Ass. of myself.

Conservation/Heritage management - jobs - international companies/?/
Hi there ;) I am looking for companies like - specialized in architectural conservation and heritage management doing their projects worldwide. I would appreciate any adresses, maybe some listings of...

Rue De Meaux Paris - help needed
Hi guys, I am working on a university project on Renzo Piano's Rue De Meaux in Paris and I need few pictures of one of the inner facades of the building. As it normally happens...I can't find it in...
1
1

Wood beam ceiling
I like the look of a wood beam ceiling, like what you see here: I don't know is, are these beams decorative or actual structural? How are they attached to the rood structure? Can they be added on...
3
3

Curved wall baseboards?
Using a thick stained baseboard (1.5" thick) but not sure how to deal with a section where the wall curved (concave) with a radius about 40" or so. Any idea what I can do to have a continuous look?...
4
4

Tokyo International Forum - drawings needed
Hi, I'm urgently looking for Tokyo International Forum's drawings or blueprints. I was trying from Rafael Vinoly Architects but they can not to send them to me. I need to create rendering of Glass...
6
6

Trade Show Builds Home in Las Vegas
Trade Show Builds Home in Las Vegas Source: Las Vegas Business Press Publication date: 2005-04-04 The city tightened its hold on its place as the country's leading convention destination with last...

Why I'm self employed...
So that I don't have to wear one of these at a place of employment where I might be subject to testing! The official site of the Whizzinator Touch. Discreet overnight shipping available on all...
5
5

Question on Cricket @ Chiminey
Does UBC or California Building Code have anything called out as far as a cricket requirement @ a chiminey? I have been looking online and it seems that any chiminy over 30" in width requires a...
1
1

Collserola Tower - Norman Foster
Norman Foster won the competition for the design of a telecommunications tower on the Collserola range of mountains above Barcelona. The competition was announced some time in 1988. Has anyone got...

In need of details please.
Can anyone help me on finding a connection detail showing the connection of a 6x post to a cantilevered balcony or porch, and the roof is extended over the porch and bearing on a beam being supported...