Tokyo International Forum - drawings needed

Hi,

I'm urgently looking for Tokyo International Forum's drawings or blueprints. I was trying from Rafael Vinoly Architects but they can not to send them to me.

I need to create rendering of Glass Hall I'm especially looking for floor-plan and main cross-section. I've got many photos to catch details but this drawings can help me to catch right dimensions, proportions and relations.

I've got list of publications upon the building. None of them is available in Poland. So, if somebody has got any of that publications and can scan the drawings and send me by email I will be very, very thankful.

Best regards Denyce

Here they are:

?DuPont Benedictus Awards Highlight Global Architecture.? Inland Architect, March/April 1998, p. 12-32, 106.

Krewinkel, Heinz W. Glass Buildings: Material, Structure, and Detail. Boston, Mass.: Birkhäuser Verlag, 1998.

Pearman, Hugh. Contemporary World Architecture. London: Phaidon Press,

1998. (cover)

Hein, Carola. ?Prestige and Diversion: Grands Projets in Japan.? Archis, February 1998, no. 2, p. 48-61.

Toy, Maggie. Light in Architecture (Architectural Design) London: Academy Group 1997. (Tokyo International Forum, p. 41-45)

Vandenberg, Maritz. Glass Canopies: Detail in Building. Academy Editions (UK), August 1997.

Rochon, Lisa. ?The Tokyo International Forum.? Metropolis, July-August

1997, vol. 17, no. 1, p. 25, 28.

?Internationales Forum in Tokio.? Werk, Bauen + Wohnen, April 1997, no.

4, p. 40-4.

Klauser, Wilhelm. ?E la Nave Va: ?Tokyo International Forum? ? ein Schiffsrumpf als Zentrum der Stadt.? Bauwelt, April 4, 1997, vol. 88, no. 13, p. 694-700.

?Rafael Viñoly: Tokyo International Forum.? Architectural Designs, March-April 1997, vol. 67, no. 3-4, p. 40-45.

?Tokyo International Forum (Special Feature).? Space Design, March

1997, no. 3, p. 65-104.

Viñoly, Rafael. The Making of Public Space. Ann Arbor, Michigan: The University of Michigan, College of Architecture and Urban Planning,

1997. (John Dinkeloo Memorial Lecture).

Asensio Cerver, Francisco. The Architecture of Glass: Shaping Light. New York, New York: Arco (distributed in the U.S. and Canada by Watson-Guptil), 1997.

Plagens, Peter and Jeffrey Bartholet. ?Tokyo Time for Viñoly.? Newsweek, January 20, 1997, vol. 129, no. 3, p. 59.

?A Flagship International Forum, Tokyo.? Arquitectura Viva, January-February 1997, no. 52, p. 84-93.

Dawson, Susan. ?Working Details: Glass Breaks a New Barrier.? Architects? Journal, January 1997, vol. 205, no. 1, p. 37-39.

Garcia-Marques, Francesca. ?Tokyo International Forum.? Domus, December

1996, no. 788, p. 33-39.

?The Future.? The Architectural Review, November 1996, vol. 200, p. 37-78.

Rattenbury, Kester. ?High Amplification,? Building Design, November 22,

1996,no. 1287, p.2.

?Rafael Viñoly Architects: Tokyo International Forum.? The Japan Architect, Winter 1996, no. 24, p. 48-51.

Richards, Ivor. ?Space Odyssey.? The Architectural Review, November

1996, vol. 200, no.1197, p. 38-45.

Dietsch, Deborah K. and Raul A. Barreneche. ?Urban Nexus,? Architecture, October 1996, vol. 85, no.10, p. 110-136.

McKee, Bradford. ?Building the Tokyo Forum.? Architecture, October 1996, vol. 85, p. 159-161.

Sato, Naomi. ?Detail of the Tokyo International Forum.? The Japan Architect, Autumn 1996, no. 23, p. 183-191.

Riera Ojeda, Oscar and Lucas H. Guerra. Hyper-realistic: Computer Generated Architectural Renderings. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996.

?Rafael Viñoly: Tokyo International Forum, Tokyo 1989-96.? GA Japan: Environmental Design, September-October 1996, no. 22, p. 14-45.

Viñoly, Rafael. ?Tokyo International Forum.? Kenchiku Bunka, August

1996, vol. 51, no. 598, p. 21-58.

Sato, Naomi. ?Rafael Viñoly: Tokyo International Forum.? GA Document, August 1996, no. 48, p. 22-33.

Lutfy, Carol. ?Tokyo Light.? Art News, April 1996, vol. 95, no. 4, p. 83-4.

Frampton, Kenneth. ?Viñoly?s Tokyo Forum on View at Harvard GSD.? Architecture, April 1996, vol. 85, no. 4, p. 34.

Normile, Dennis. ?Tokyo Eyepopper Left over from Better Days.? Engineering News-Record, October 9, 1995, vol. 235, no. 15, p. 22.

Dixon, John Morris. ?Urban Showplace.? Progressive Architecture, September 1995, vol. 76, no.9, p. 68-77.

Marpillero, Sandro. ?Il Progetto del Tokyo International Forum.? Casabella, July/August 1995, vol. 59, no. 625, p. 5-19, 67-69.

Viganò, Vanessa. ?Tokyo International Forum. Abitare, March 1994, no.

327, p. 141-143.

Viñoly, Rafael. ?Lo Spazio Simbolico: the Tokyo International Forum.? L?Arca, February 1994, no. 79, p. 50-54.

Frampton, Kenneth and Fumihiko Maki. Tokyo International Forum: A Work in Progress, New York: Rafael Viñoly Architects, 1993.

Dorris, Virginia Kent. ?Glass under Tension.? Architecture, September

1993, vol. 82, no.9, p. 157-161.

Fuchigami, Yuki. ?Tokyo International Forum: Monumentality in a Crowded Urban Setting. Competitions, Winter 1992, vol. 2, no. 1, p. 22-29.

Williams, Gaynor. ?The Glass Heart.? World Architecture, 1992, no. 16, p. 60-63.

Dorris, Virginia Kent. ?Wired for Sound.? Architecture, August 1992, vol. 81, p. 85-86.

Dorris, Virginia Kent. ?Wired for Sound.? Architecture, August 1992, vol. 81, p. 85-86.

?Rafael Viñoly: Urban Context and Design (interview).? Japan Architect, Summer 1991, no. 3, p. 60-64.

Vernier, Philippe. ?Tokyo International Forum.? L?Arca, June 1990, no.

39, p. 34-39.

Marpillero, Sandro. ?New York Vince a Tokio?? Casabella, February 1990, vol. 54, p. 38-39.

Tanaka, Koichi. ?It is Unbelievable! The Tokyo International Forum by Rafael Viñoly.? The Japan Architect, January 1990, vol. 65, no.1(393), p. 5.

Branch, Mark Alden. ?Viñoly Takes Tokyo Forum.? Progressive Architecture, January 1990, vol. 71, no. 1, p. 27, 32.

Reply to
Denyce

This is one of the most impressive buildings I've ever seen in person from a detailing point of view. I have some books on it, but I don't think I'm going to scan anything for you. You should have done that yourself a long time ago in preparation. (See FAQ)

Since I do have a soft spot for this building, I'll do a little of your work for you. If you just spent a little time using google you might have found this site. Took me 2 minutes. The jpegs are probably low-res, but some do have a graphic scale on them. Check under the sketches and drawings link.

Cato

Why wasn't this built with 3D-H? Nothing but unoriginal construction and close-minded thinking!

;- >

Reply to
Michael (LS)

Thank you a lot. This drawings are much more than I expected to find. They are great and very, very helpful for my work despite their low resolution. I was my first post on this forum and I'm very surprised of your kindness.

Best regards Denyce

Reply to
Denyce

You got lucky... ;)

I'm trying to find the FAQ and repost. You'll have a better feel for the group after reading it.

Or...better yet, find it yourself. 8}

Reply to
3D Peruna

Hope I wasn't being an enabler ;-0

Reply to
Cato

Nah... It was fun to see the project again. And, the ensuing discussion about Vinoly was good, too.

Reply to
3D Peruna