Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Renaistatus
I think that... in climate of today of the against-capitalist of aparentemente-growing, people will give to return more towards which it is really and truely important in life!!!!!! and he can choose,...
4
4

any site with images of interiors of urban buildings?
i would appreciate info on websites showing interior designs of famous buildings in big cities around the world.

Re: Pack the bags, we're going to Belgium,....
I saw a documentary about this dude a couple of years ago. As a big fan of modern art including some performance art, I find him to be a bit of a 'plate spinner'.
15
15

For Don in his spare time
Kitten Cannon: Kitten Canon is a classic physics game. Fluffy has found his way into your cannon again, that dang cat just never listens and doesn't care! The only way you can teach it a lesson is by...
11
11

London Town Houses
Two questions: i) Can anyone give me the approximate floor dimensions of a town house in Great Pulteney Street, Bath, and ii) are there any town houses of similar floor dimensions (or larger) in...
6
6

'My Architect'- excellent documentary
If you're remotely interested in architecture and you haven't seen it- rent the DVD. Saw it last night. Poignant personal drama AND great architecture. Beautiful. I may actually go out and buy it (it...
2
2

LEED'S
Any of you guys have experience with this? It seems to be the lastest fad. From what I see, it is meaningless, cost the owner more money, and they get nothing out of it. We've had a couple of RFP's...
21
21

Nimrod
Nimrod was a mighty hunter, strong, swift, and wily, in Greek (I think it was Greek) mythology. What I can't figure out is, How and when did the name come to be used to designate unthinking silly...
94
94

Info for Gruhn
SOme months back, I'd told Gruhn that I'd post the link to an institute in California that teaches earth/ancient building techniques. *Finally*, here it is: 's the California Institute of Earth Art...
25
25

Don please check this out
Don, I came across this atrocity on Ebay and was stunned. Why would some nimrod do such a thing to what was once a fine piece of equipment? Since I own one of these I take it quite personally. I was...
1
1

Oldest arcchitecture
What do you think the oldest architecture in the UK would be? I don't mean old stone huts built by peasants/farmers in ancient times; but buildings designed by architects - such as churches etc.
18
18

Building Code
At the risk of sounding extremely cheap, would anyone out there happen to know of a site or happen to have a copy of the Manitoba Building Code on there computer? Thank-you for any information,...
13
13

[FR] Fabrique urbaine --> reaserch on city and architecture
Bonjour / Hi Post in french (charity) X-post No d'annonce: 1903 Paru au journal officiel associations le: 09/04/05 FABRIQUE URBAINE. Objet : améliorer la connaissance de la ville et du champ urbain...

Book FS: Natural Solar Architecture ~ A Passive Primer by David Wright
Environmental Architect David Wright provides a detailed book on energy ethics, microclimate design and nature's design tools. He explains how to apply the tools to save energy and the environment...

Slopping floors
Too busy hounging down the fries. And besides, I'm not a real architect.
2
2