Would something like this work...?

They come in beige.

Stop it, you're turning me on.

It may not explain it all, but : some people can't tell.

Anything worth doing is worth getting done with already. On time and on a humane budget. ;-)

Some people can't tell.

It was more of just not wanting to spend the time.

The wall is radiused at the bottom would be the reason. Can't speak to this being true.

Fricking web. Too may dramatic photos, not enough useful ones... Found one pic. Looks like some of the criticisms I remembered may not exist or at least not be as harsh. Also, it didn't make me think I'd like it as a gallery/museum. Have to try it some day. If I ever to go NYC again.

Who knows what ideas they've had for the redo.

Yes, you do.

Reply to
gruhn

"gruhn" snipped-for-privacy@deletehwb.com wrote in news:Jqvud.109$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

<L!>

I guess. ALthough it *is* true that I have difficulties understanding people in general. When it comes to aptitudes, I'm a "things and information" type, not a "people" type. So there are a lot of things that seem perfectly sensible to others folks, that I just don't get. And a lot of other folks don't at all get my perfectionsist streak.

I guess it keeps things interesting ;)

That happens. Priorities etc.

I know what you mean about the photos. Often, esp. for modeling, what I'd really like to see are basic "non-Art" photos or sketches of front, sides, top, and floorplans. Even books can be frustrating that way.

You know how you can buy assemble-able models of planes and ships etc.; I often wish one could buy even basic paper-card models of buildings. For a while, there were "3D puzzles", but I'm thinking of something much more basic.

I think if there was a model (of the Guggenheim), it'd make more sense than the "Art Photos" so to speak. In general, tho', I think that sometimes, the criticisms are too elaborate - IOW, it just doesn't appeal to everybody. After all, some people like Victorian houses <shrug>.

NYC - I haven't been there for years. I've been in Massachusetts for a year and haven't even gotten into Boston yet.

I was there many years ago; I'll have to look for some recent pics just for curiosity's sake.

Yee-haw!

Reply to
Kris Krieger

I built some when I was a kid. They were for trains.

Somewhere I have an as yet unbuilt Robie House too. Looking forward to that one. Nice lookig model.

Where aboots?

For shame. I'm going up this Saturday. OK, flying in to PVD but six of a dozen half one of the other...

Reply to
gruhn

"gruhn"> wrote

My wife gave me that one about 10 years ago, still haven't assembled it. If I assemble it then I'll have to put it somewhere. As it is currently in a softback book form, it resides on a bookshelf, out of the way.

Reply to
Don

I keep thinking I can scan it and assemble it in the computer!

Reply to
gruhn

"gruhn"> wrote

Which reminds me of a piece of SW my wife gave me for xmas a few years ago called *3D Puzzle* or some such. It consists of a large 13th century cathedral, complete with flying buttresses and all the other stuff that goes with it. I haven't looked at if for some time but it seems to have been rotated so that you could view it from all angles so that you could determine which part goes where. I'm not descibing it very well. Suffice it to say that it was sort of complex with a higher than average learning curve. If you want to know anymore about it I'll dig through the archives and see if I can find it.

Reply to
Don

There is a program called "Pepakura" that will take a model in *.OBJ format and project it into a form that can be printed, then cut out and assembled. But the model has to be fairly "clean" (no inverted faces for example), and broken down into parts - for example, I thought it might be an idea to do this with the design for a table I'm working on, since some of the parts are cut at (and cut into at) odd angles. But the model had to be all in parts - top, each leg separately, each rung separately, and so on - and each part projected and saved/printed separately.

HTH

- KMK

"Don" snipped-for-privacy@concord.com wrote in news:liWvd.10$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to