Stamping drawings

I am planning on purchasing house plans online and wanted to see if any company would review the drawings and stamp them and if so about how much could this cost? This home will be built in Maryland.

Patrick.

Reply to
Patrick Barao

Most licensing laws I know of requre the design professional to be in charge of producing the designs they seal. I know of folks who have gotten into trouble for "stamping" drawings.

In addition, to paraphrase Don: there are many stock plans, but no stock families and few stock sites. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Is that for DWG files or only plt files? Do you sell them in a smaller quantity (i.e. how much would 5 cost?)

Michael (LS) Wondering if there's any details/standards/shortcuts/etc that can be used from Don's plans..... ;- >

Reply to
Michael (LS)

Dang! A bug keeps chasing me around when I go to your site... Lot's o' gnats in Cape Coral?

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

I already did that... AND I clicked on the "rockin' kitty" generator link... any other "hidden" gems?

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

I agree with Don and Tom. The last few sets of "Stock" plans I've gotten in my office had to be re-worked so extensively that the owner would have been better off to have had a custom home designed. In other words, we threw out most of the stock plan sheets and drew our own that meet local codes.

Finally, in no state that I'm aware of can a design professional (architect or engineer) place their stamp on a set of drawing that were drawn by an outside plan service. The operative language is that the drawings must be prepared "under the direct supervision" of the design professional.

Stock plans are a scam.

Reply to
Bob Morrison