Re: G-8

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason, bass player Roger Waters

> and keyboard player Richard Wright have not performed on stage > together since 1981. The group, which achieved major success with > their 1973 album "Dark Side Of The Moon," will join musical acts > including Elton John, Madonna, Paul McCartney and Coldplay at the > anti-poverty concert in Hyde Park on July 2. > > "Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G-8 > leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and > increased aid to the third world," Gilmour said. "It's crazy that > America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving > nations." > > *************************************** > *************************************** > > I think it's even crazier that millionaires like Gilmour do not sell > all their belongings and give the proceeds to G-8 to do with as they > please, but rather whine publically like little crybabies for gov'ts > worldwide to steal even more money from millions of people that are > struggling to hold their heads above water.

Per capita

Per GDP
so glowing...

Reply to
Ron

Someone please remind me again why I should give my hard earned money to the poor.

Reply to
unionbuster

"The entry does not cover other official flows (OOF) or private flows"

Inother words.......it is only about what the guvmint is stealing and giving to others.......being low on the list is a good thing.

Reply to
P.Fritz

I don't recall being in that poll.

How much research have you done on it, Dave? Do you have a passing familiarity with the numbers and illegalities involved?

Reply to
gruhn

How about per horse? Or per business; per UN due; per forgiven IMF loan; per chocolate bar...

Reply to
gruhn

Because if you don't, Madonna might call you a bad person.

Reply to
gruhn

That would particularly sting given it will be delivered with that authoritarian fake British accent she's developed.

Reply to
Cato

I've had just about zero exposure to her since she took on her Sheryl "Dance Fever" Crow persona.

I guess I'm glad.

Reply to
gruhn

IIRC the definition of charity is

"Poor people in rich countries giving money to rich people in poor countries"

Sounds close enough to me

Reply to
Tim