Could you recommend some good books of architecture

Hi, guys, I am a computer programmer for a design company. And some work is related to the architecture domain. Another point is I am also interested on the architecture. Every time when I see the great buildings, nice houses, they are very beautilful, fantastic. They are art. So, I want to learn some knowledge of architecture, buildings, etc. But the question is I don't know where to start with. Maybe books is a best friend to us. So, could you recommend some good books to me. Thank you in advance!

Ed.

Reply to
Ed

Try these: Looking Around by Witold Rybczynski One of many easily read and erudite books by the same author.

Mother=92s House, The Evolution of Vanna Venturi=92s House in Chestnut Hill. Interesting introductory essays give some sense of the thinking surrounding a design. Drawings give an idea of the many ways a relatively simple architectural problem might be approached.

New Haven, a Guide to Architecture and Urban Design by Elizabeth M. Brown. Gives a sense of the many roots and forces that produce the buildings in a town.

Architecture: Form, Space, & Order by Francis D. K. Ching One of many books by Ching that are worth =91reading=92.

Reply to
tbasc

Thank you very much :)

Reply to
Ed

Just go to your local Library they have tons of books related to architecture. Not only just the building architecture but well known architects. Have fun!!!!

CID...

Reply to
Chuck News