Singer Hanging Electric Heater

Singer Hanging Electric Heater open original image
Singer Hanging Electric Heater open original image
Singer Hanging Electric Heater open original image

I have a hanging Singer heater that seems to have an issue with the fan switch. The heating element works wonderfully and the fan kicks on when it should. The problem is that after the element turns itself off (because of the Thermostat) the fan continues to run to cool down...when just about ready to shutdown itself, It's as though I am turning a light switch on and off several times. I took the heater to a repair service. They advised they could not obtain the needed part to repair it...They called it a fan switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Reply to
Anonymous

What you describe as "light switch turning on/off several times" - does it affect the fan or the heating element, or both? Do you hear anything arcing? Is there any other device on the same circuit, how does it behave, like lights flickering and such?

Reply to
homeowners

When I said about the light switch, I meant to say that the fan is all that is affected. As the fan is coming to the end of it's cycle on pushing the heat from the exchanger, it will turn off, turn on, turn off, turn on and then eventually simply turn off as it should....sounds as though there is a relay in the works that is acting up...The rest of the heater works fine...and no, the lights are not flickering and there is nothing on the circuit other than the heater...220 cirucuit...

Reply to
disqus_thqXPcRW56
Re: Singer Hanging Electric Heater open original image
Re: Singer Hanging Electric Heater open original image

Here are a couple more photos of the inside of the heater and the two elements that are in the bottom...Hope these help...Thanks Kurt

disqus_thqXPcRW56

It's a bit hard to see, but I was wondering if you could clean the contacts of what must be a bimetal switch. Do the contacts look shiny (doubtful) ? They may have dirt on them that prevents proper operation. I would try using some small strip of sandpaper and very light touch to go over the contacts. Obviously don't forget to disconnect the unit first!

Reply to
homeowners

I have this same heater and the fan doesn't turn on not much of a electrical guru any suggestions? Mines only 7kw 240v 20a

Reply to
Jim

So i have a Similair Unit that i was looking for a wiring diagram if anyone could help me out with that it would be great. We Have a Singer UHS-7.5 Thanks

Reply to
Keith Mathes