Cutting limestone boulders. Ooolite: Limestone fron South Florida.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Stone

What is the least cost prohibitive way of cutting oolite boulders (2 foot x2 foot x 3 feet ) into blocks (2 foot by x 1 foot x 3 feet)? The local quarries supply it pretty cheap (10 cubic yards for $400-600 delivered), but cutters want an arm and a leg if you want it cut. I want to use them to prevent erosion, so I just need to flatten them a bit so they do not roll down the embankment. I am using them as riprap, for erosion control.

blog comments powered by Disqus