Zugzwang

Because of the Swen Worm problems I'm going back to scrambling my email addy.
Apologies in advance for whatever difficulties this creates in contacting me.
I'm left with no good moves.

email addy.
I'd like to do that too - anyone know how to do it with Outlook Express?
or...
!
Thanks for the tip.
Did you mean Zugzwag? A condition where you have to do something, but everything you can do is bad for you. Direct usage is applied to chess.
Myx

Tom, Please excuse this post... I never used the term zugzwang nor had i seen it written. The only form of the word i ever was exposed to was in chess books where it did not have the 'n'. After Googling, i withdraw my comment.
Myx

!!

???
Myxylplyk wrote:

No, it's 'Zugzwang'.

That would be 'Zwickmhle' (double row/mill). 'Zugzwang' just means that you are forced to do something.
Wolfgang
--
"Holzbearbeitung mit Handwerkzeugen": http://www.holzwerken.de
Forum Handwerkzeuge:

Three syllables, accent on the first.
German Z is pronounced like English TS. German W is pronounced like English V. To pronounce the German , form your lips as if to say O but say E instead. A terminal E in German is a 'schwa' sound ("uh").
So it should come out sounding somewhere between tsvick-meel-uh and tsvick-mool-uh.

No, it's just an "in-between" move, waiting for your opponent to do something so you can drop a hammer on him.
Glad to see you back to being a "cabinetmaker" ... I can stop worrying now. ;>)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03