Zinnser Bullseye Sanding Sealer Dewaxed Shellac?

I have to finish a cherry piece tomorrow and my flakes from Jewitt are hosed.
I've read/heard that Zinnser sells a product that they do not advertise as being dewaxed but that it is, in fact.
Any experiences with this?
tom watson

Quote from the Zinnser Technical Data Bulletin
http://www.zinsser.com/pdf/TDB/sealcoattdb.pdf
[qoute]Generic Type 100% dewaxed shellac-base sanding sealer. It is manufactured using a patented process that guarantees long-term stability and shelf-life. The absence of any wax in SealCoat makes it compatible with all clear finish topcoats including oil-base polyurethanes[/quote]
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
Zinnser is quality stuff, but it's still best to test the shellac on scrap pieces to make sure it dries and cures fully hard, before using it on your actual project.
Mark

Yup, says so right on the can. Working on a piece of burl that's soaking the stuff up like a sponge...
On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:55:52 -0400, t wrote:

Zinsser SealCoat, sold as a sanding sealer, is actually a 2 pound cut of dewaxed blonde shellac. I use it frequently when I'm too lazy or too rushed to mix up some flakes.
One caveat. Due to the stuff Zinsser adds to keep it good for up to 3 years, it never gets quite as hard as the flake mixture does. But the difference is negligible as far as I can tell.
Be sure it is the Seal Coat and not the Bulls eye. The Zinnser Bulls eye does not state that it is dewaxed. I've used it in a pinch and never seen a problem but the seal coat is stated to be dewaxed.

Thanks for the help.
I bought a gallon of Zinnser Bullseye SealCoat this morning at the Borg.
It says, "100% Wax-Free Shellac" right on the can and is dated 09/20/08.
tom watson