Sanding sealer

My wife and I make custom cabinets for customers. We work together on almost all of the fabrication but she takes over on the sanding and finishing. ( I really miss not getting to do the sanding... Yea right!). She insists on using sanding sealer on every project. I question it but she keeps saying that if I can get a better finish, help myself! She feels like the sanding sealer makes a better base for the top coats. She sands the sanding sealer lightly before applying the top coats. Customers rave about the finishes. Who am I to try to fix something that isn't broke? Besides, I might have to do all that sanding!

I think it is one of those preference things that if it works for you... use it.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

your wife is right, of course.

shut up and let her do her job...

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Don,

It's been my experience, after intro by various regulars here, that cabinet scrapers are better-simpler yet. Even using construction-grade plywood, a quick coat of stain or sealer and a quick scraping, and the finish is baby's-butt smooth. Not to mention- no dust.

And ... to answer your question, she's right.

barry