You Never Know Who You'll Meet At A WWing Show

Page 2 of 2

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 09:54:53 GMT, Andy Jeffries

Yeah, I was impressed with that, too. What a great idea. Sort of makes paying the toll for the guy behind you look like a cheap gimmick.

Sure was.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
I was crossing the south tip of San Francisco Bay on a bridge (if memory serves) is almost 9 miles long when a stalled car was "parked" in one of the two traffic lanes. Man with wife and two kids had run out of gas. Told him to get in and steer while I pushed him across the bridge and he coasted into the first gas station, I never slowed down after starting to push. Just commented to him to remember when he saw someone stalled and out of gas.

Yup. "No, I won't take money for helping you, just return the favor by helping someone else out someday."
Dave Hinz wrote:

I ran across a family with a flat tire and no money while crossing a Navaho reservation. Took the father and the tire to the closest gas staion I could find which was about 5 miles away on a dirt road. When the Navaho man who fixed the tire found out I was going to pay for it, he said there'd be no charge. So the father has to help someone to pay me back and I have to help someone to pay back the Navaho man :-).

pay it forward
Charles Spitzer wrote:

I make the drunks I pull out of the bar ditches on occasion pick up beer cans (theirs or someone else's) rather than charge 'em...if it's muddy or snowing as it often is, they do the crawling in the mud as well... :)

While on my way to store, my son and I saw a lady standing on the side of the road crying. She was obviously hurting and was using a walker. She had no shoes or even a purse. I turned around to see if we could help. It seems she had been in hospital and when released had taken a bus home only to discover that her boyfriend had been arrested and landlord had locked the house up for past rent. It was friday night, she had no money and nowhere to go.
We rented her motel room with a kitchen, then we went to goodwill and bought her some clothes, then some food and medicine for her feet as they were covered with blisters from trying to walk barefoot in Arizona in the summer time. Left her with 20 dollars and phone numbers for our church as well as crisis intervention.
As we are driving away I asked my son how he felt. He said he felt sad to know that people, that they could just wake up and find that they were alone.
His last words were " Please don't tell anyone not even Mom I'm afraid it will change me"
I love my son!
Ed
charlie b wrote:

Tell me more.
I like SMALL routers for hand held stuff, using a laminate trimmer for a lot of smaller edge treatment. I like the new Bosch, but the Trend plunges...
How's the plunge mechanism? The balance? View?
Thanks, Barry