You are way off the mark

Alright mr lots of toys, they say the proof is in the pudding. Show us what youve MADE with them thar tuls.

Reply to
jesse

any. Together with digital pictures

eral items (Christmas and birthday presentes)

saw but it will put a bunch of you

ical field with a vast intrest in wood working.

sem Mast-R-Lift and table

-Duty Tenoning Jig, Merlin Splitter, and A-Line-It System with pals and mas= ter plate

r, Carter band saw guides, and both Kreg resaw attachments

A psychiatrist would call this "tool envy".

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

I checked your posting history using snipped-for-privacy@somedomain.com in this newsgroup, and I'm the one who accused you of being a troll based on that.

I did so because your FIRST posting here was a bitch about the newsgroup.

If you posted here before, why didn't you use your regular account? Why did you create this anonymous account? Why hide your name?

As far as I can tell, you created it for the sole purpose of bitching, and you don't want anyone to know who you are.

Now if you actually post questions, and give advice, then fine - you are welcome here.

But if ALL you are going to do is anonymously bitch about this newsgroup - then I can only consider you a troll.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

On 1/2/2006 11:07 PM snipped-for-privacy@somedomain.com mumbled something about the following:

[ snipped a bunch of whiny "i'm better than you" crap ]

Thanks for proving that you are not only a troll, but a bitchy, whiny, little cry baby.

Reply to
Odinn

I'd probably be writing those same words to someone Greg, if I'd gotten a DC at some earlier point. A lot of guys have echoed something similar. But... here I am - been all these years without one and sawdust and wood chips just seems like a part of woodworking. Not to say there are not times or tools that I would love to have even a shop vac hooked up to - my jointer, my router table, etc. What would I do if I didn't have that pile to sweep up? I mean - what would be the evidence that I've done something??? (Don't say the evidence would be the finished product - there's often a 12 year completion cycle to project started around here...)

A lot of guys make the point about the value of a DC when working with MDF, but that point is somewhat lost on me. I absolutely deplore the stuff and I use it very infrequently. If I used it more often I think I'd hold a more immediate sense of need for a DC just to keep the dust out of the air. That stuff is just nasty - in every respect.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Due to transportation of that behemoth or because of the gear lube? *S*

Congrats! It will serve you well.

Reply to
Robatoy

Sounds like it may be due to the oil based solvents it took to remove the protective, oil based, shipping coat.

Reply to
Swingman

Y'all are just jealous of his Craftsman palm sander.

Reply to
kkfitzge

Yeh, but look how many bites he got!

Reply to
Toller

At least we're not feeding the anagram troll... As long as we fall for that - he'll come back for more.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Both. LOL... I wiped it down and cleaned it up and then turned it on. I began the process all over again. There must have been a few pounds of grease agound the cutter head. I was lucky enough that my dealer delivered and assembled it for me for no extra charge. Now I just need to tweek the in feed and out feed extensions.

Thank you. I am sure it will.

Reply to
Leon

Oddly I was quick witted enough to grab my ZEP clean up towels. They cut through the oil and grease with a couple of wipes. Then a fast coat of TopCote.

Reply to
Leon

Lack of space at this time but ::crossing fingers, knocking on wood:: the new shop will be started in March in the back yard.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

snip

Maybe an cartel of posters are trying to sink his boat eh?

Markem

Reply to
Markem

^^^^^^^

^^^^

This kind of post is always just too funny!

Reply to
alexy

Just a WAG, but you have some kind of point here, right??

Together with digital pictures

items (Christmas and birthday presentes)

but it will put a bunch of you

field with a vast intrest in wood working.

Mast-R-Lift and table

Tenoning Jig, Merlin Splitter, and A-Line-It System with pals and master plate

Carter band saw guides, and both Kreg resaw attachments

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

damnit, busted!

I wanted to have smooth palms, too!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yeah but my dad's bigger than your dad

Reply to
Micky

There are much more enjoyable ways to get smooth palms!

Reply to
Vic Baron

Someone@somewhere has done a repulsive gloat, 19.60 is posting (I know he's dying for us to ask what kind of animal "someone@" likes to lick), people talking about smooth palms, Dust collectors? Stoutman said in another thread that his lungs are dust collectors.

Good Golly!

What have we become?

This thread has gone all to hell. Come on 19.60,, make us all sick with one of your really gross rants and then let's go read something else.

Tom in KY, bracing myself for the nastiest thing I ever heard.

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy