You are way off the mark

Below is a list of my tools that was made last year for my insurance company. Together with digital pictures that I had to provide to them of all listed. Since then I have added several items (Christmas and birthday presentes) to my shop. No its not complete, I dont have a dust system or radial arm saw but it will put a bunch of you morons to shame. I am an electrical engineer by trade working in the medical field with a vast intrest in wood working.

A Troll I am not. Porter Cable 7518 Speedmatic® 3 1/4 Peak HP Five-Speed Router, in a Jessem Mast-R-Lift and table Porter Cable 891 2 1/4 Peak HP GripVac? Router Porter Cable corded drill Porter Cable Plate Joiner 556 Porter Cable Quicksand Random-Orbit (5?) Model 333K Powermatic 6? long bed jointer DeWalt DW 521 Plunging router,

6 Piece Cove Pro Bit Set, 1/2" Shank Anti-Kickback Router Bit Set, 20 Piece, 1/2" Brass Router Bushing Set DeWalt 13? two speed planer DW735 with Wixey Digital Planer Height Gauge DeWalt Bench Grinder DW 756 DeWalt cordless 14.4 drill Model DC983KA DeWalt Heavy-Duty 3" X 21" Variable Speed Belt Sander with Inversion Stand & Frame DeWalt Heavy-Duty 6" Right Angle Random Orbit Sander With Electronic Variable Speed Milwaukee magnum 10? compound miter saw, on a Norm Abram table Delta 10 contractors saw/Forrest woodworker II blade with Unifence, Heavy-Duty Tenoning Jig, Merlin Splitter, and A-Line-It System with pals and master plate Delta 10? drill press with Delta Mortising Attachment Kit Jet 14? band saw with a Kreg precision band saw fence, Kreg Micro adjuster, Carter band saw guides, and both Kreg resaw attachments Leigh D4-24 Dovetail Jig, Craftsman laser circular saw Craftsman palm sander JessEm Mite-R-Excel? Precision Miter Gauge with Dual-Indexing Angle Location Incra Miter gauge V27 Precision angle Starrett 12? Combination square
Reply to
<someone

Together with digital pictures

items (Christmas and birthday presentes)

but it will put a bunch of you

field with a vast intrest in wood working.

Mast-R-Lift and table

Tenoning Jig, Merlin Splitter, and A-Line-It System with pals and master plate

Carter band saw guides, and both Kreg resaw attachments

Are you waiting for a comment? A suggestion? Are you expecting others to spend the next month inventorying their shops for your amusement?

Dave

Reply to
David

I don't understand. Are you saying I should be ashamed because you have spent more on tools than I have? Have you used any of them? Probably not if you haven't seen a need for DC.

But you say you are not a troll. Then what is your point?

Reply to
Toller

intrest in wood working.

It looks more like a partial interest in collecting tools. I taught math to people, and some of them became engineers. So what's your point? The question was rhetorical [look it up.]

Reply to
Guess who

Compensation.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

For a small penis?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

company. Together with digital pictures

several items (Christmas and birthday presentes)

saw but it will put a bunch of you

medical field with a vast intrest in wood working.

Actually, a list of tools, even as impressive as yours does nothing to "put a bunch of morons to shame". Nor do your professional credentials or your personal interests. If you ever stood the chance of putting anybody here to shame it sure wouldn't be this way.

The evidence of this has been found lacking.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

WTF??.... I mean..WTF???

You been drinking, son?

This is NO way to make friends.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hey - I use my tools and I don't have a dust collector, nor do I see the need for one.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Someone who has to put up the disclaimer that he is not a troll most certainly is.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

I can't see using a planer or a router table without a dust collector; and certainly not a drum sander. But if it works for your, great.

Reply to
Toller

That would be one guess... Based upon the tone of the OP, others might be:

For a lack of education. For a lack of skill. For a lack of friends. For a lack of manners. For a lack of a meaningful life.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

We don't have any positions open for "arrogant asshole" in this group, so get your shit and get out. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

A few years ago, I built a bedframe for someone. Kind of like a waterbed frame but this one held an air mattress. Constructed mostly of mdf with plastic laminate. I was standing at the tablesaw, having ripped a few sheets of this stuff, when he drove up. He took a look at me, standing ankle deep in mdf dust, wearing a respirator, glasses and looking like a human shaped piece of mdf. He decided right then I needed a dust collector. We headed straight down to Rockler and he bought me a Jet DC 1100. Don't know if I would have ever gotten around to buying one myself but after having one for a while, I wouldn't be without it.

Reply to
CW

The waiting list for that title is quite long round these parts!

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Some of the biggest idiots I have ever met were sitting next to me in my engineering courses. Of course, maybe he is just talking about driving a train.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

I was luke warm on dust collectors until I bought one. I can not figure out why anyone with power tools does not have one! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

That looks like the list I had about 20 years ago.

Reply to
Leon

Hey, I got my big old Delta planer in today. I know now why there is an oil shortage.

Reply to
Leon

You've got a pile of tools there. However, that doesn't for one second suggest that you have the knowledge or skill to use them properly. All it says is that you've got money to spend.

As far as the "morons" comment goes in addition to your claim you're not a troll, the only thing that you've confirmed is that you've got a big mouth.

Reply to
upscale