Yeah, it's gone up!

Went to check on 3/4 BC pine ply this morning. A month ago I wudda paid $19.xx per sheet, today I wood pay $29.xx, now I ain't no math magician but that calculates to 50% increase in price in a month. It is now cheaper for me to use 1x6 center match(t&g) than to use ply. One problem is I bought a 'ton-o-screws' from McFeely's just to install the plywood. Looks like I am just outta step wif it all! Dang!!!!!!!!!!!
--
SwampBug
---------------------

Hey SwampBug:
Ya can prolly get plywood cheap as hell from Iraq. Shipping costs are a bitch though.
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Yeah right Tom! <s> I still get chills when I see your posts. I had a very good friend named Tom Watson. He is no longer with us. . .
--
SwampBug

Price gouging after hurricanes are a local phenomenon, I am in SW Louisiana, Isabel had no influence here. I suspect, as was stated, Iraq. . .etc..
--
SwampBug