Wow, that coffee is strong!

Page 1 of 2

This is only on topic because many of us drink coffee and it does involve wood. I went to my administrators office a few minutes ago and got a cup of coffee from one of those instant dispenser brewers that use the individual cup cartridges. I added sugar and grabbed a wooden stir stick which became limp shortly after I started stirring and within a minute, the wooden stirrer broke apart. No noticeable knots in the wood. I'll still drink the coffee- it's part of my circulatory system - but I wonder what it would have done to a plastic stirrer.
Marc
Better'n weak coffee. Tried the new "premium roast" at McDonalds, yet? (I had a coupon for a free 12-ouncer) Limp-wristed, blouse-wearin', poodle-walkin' brown water. "If it's worth doin', it's worth overdoin'." Tom

Aside from all the other huge reasons to live in Canada, Tim Horton's coffee is as good as any other reason and certainly world class. In the bigger cities there are special wings attached to most hospitals especially designed to treat those who have gone more than 24 hours without their 'Timmy'...and to treat those who suffered severe beatings, knife wounds or gunshot wounds for bad-mouthing 'Timmies'.
Rrrrroll up to Win! (The rim of the coffee cup has prizes printed on it...it's not a slogan for a new condom...)

AKA Road Crack. Addiction is serious.
Mike
Michael Daly wrote:

When I got into better coffee I realized just how bad Tim's actually is. I think they lace it with narcotics or something.
My ultimate cup of coffee so far was "celebes kalossi". It was fantastic. Tasted even better than it smelled.
Unfortunately I've since gone back to the same place, even bought the beans and brewed it myself, but have been unable to duplicate the experience.
Chris

I like the kalossi (I assume you're going to the Broadway Roastery?) but lately I've been mixing Indian Malabar and Kenya AA beans 'arf & 'arf.
Try the kalossi with 1/4 to 1/3 Tanzania Peaberry beans added. The peaberry has a hell of a caffeine kick.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Yep, that was at the Roastery.
I'll have to try the mixes...been getting lazy and using store-bought stuff lately.
Chris
Personally, I think it's in the cream. We brew their coffee at home (my wife works there), and it's not the same. I think their cream must be 18% bf, or more.
For those of you who don't take cream in your coffee, I don't see the appeal to Timmie's coffee. :)
As far as the "salon" coffee goes, that's one of my peeve's with the place in our office building. It's just not consistent enough. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it tastes burned... The whole "hand-roasted" thing isn't all it's cracked up to be, IMHO.
Clint

A friend of mine owns 2 Tim Horton franchises and I assure you, that his coffee at his house tastes no different than at one of his outlets. He assures me it has to do with 190+(?) degree water... calibrated. Personally, I use a French press when I drink coffee, which isn't all that often. I'm a green tea man.
You don't like burned coffee? Starbucks made millions on it.

Half-caf mochalattechinochais with a twist? At 4 bucks a pop? Where do I sign?
They do sell regular coffee. Believe me, I've gagged on it. They have to put all that crap in it to hide the taste.

Charbucks, as I always called it.
Mike

While not spectacular, Timmy provides consistently good coffee. Unlike the fellow in Alberta, here in the east I find the quality better than any of the competition. And at a better price.

Must be, we keep going back - and I'm not a coffee drinker!
Mike
Michael Daly wrote:

Road crack. Harf! I love it!!! }:O)
--
DC

(((:~{>

past I too would have voted there with my dollars. I find that they (TH) have become a victim of their success, the coffee is often bitter, the service is poor and the attitude is rotten. Off course I am in the Alberta corridor, Calgary to Edmonton, business is so successful here that most feel they can now dispense with service. Sorry to be so negative about them (TH) but they have really gone downhill. jesse
:>r : I am surprised at the popularity of Tim Horton's, a few years in the : past I too would have voted there with my dollars. I find that they : (TH) have become a victim of their success, the coffee is often : bitter, the service is poor and the attitude is rotten.
You sure you don't mean Starbuck's?
To relate to RAM: Anyone read Aaaron Elins' Twnety Blue Devils? The main scam, I swear, is lifted from what Starbucks actually does.
    -- Andy Barss
... snip

Down here anyway, I've noticed over the years that as a company or store becomes more popular and starts to advertise more, the quality of its products go downhill proportionately. They have to pay for the advertising some way, and most of the time it appears to be by shaving off quality. It doesn't start out as much, but a little here, and little there later, and pretty soon they are as mediocre as the competition they once had outshined.
Robatoy wrote:

We have plenty of Tim Horton's in Detroit. They do have 'respectable' coffee. The best I have comes from Einstein Brothers. An overall superior establishment since im not really a sugar man and prefer bagles to donuts.
Starbucks has THE worst coffee around. I rate their stuff on the level of the stuff we get free at work. Of course I didn't try any funky blend. But if the house is not top notch I don't have time to bother with the rest.
I miss my Einstein brothers since my job moved...

--
Thank you,

It probably would have done the same thing to a metal spoon! Machine coffee is even worse than 'roach coach' coffee! Get one of those little 2 cup coffee makers for less than $10 at Wal-mart and save some miles on your stomach!
Jay