"Woodworking Women"

I thought it was Microsoft Certified Professional.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Cool your jets. The "tongue-in-cheek" anger was guided toward those who "don't think women do anything but crafty type stuff" as mentioned in Blues response after yours. It is not toward anyone posting here.

OK Dave in Fairfax?

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie G

PURPLE?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Master Control Program (remember Tron?)

Also the name of the operating system on Burroughs (now Unisys) mainframes.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

UnisawA100 responds:

Right on the money!

Charlie Self "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin - it's the triumphant twang of a bedspring." S. J. Perelman

Charlie Self

Thank you, working with women makes me a bit twitchy on overstepping boundaries. Dave

Reply to
dave

Hey, Leslie...I'm a girl. :o) Ya know after thinking about it for a while, maybe that's a good way to get more women started down the path to woodworking. That's sort of how I started out...scroll work, bird houses and crafty stuff. Then I found a guy woodworker with a full shop who wanted to teach me and after making a beautiful little walnut Queen Ann style footstool, I was hooked. It's been full steam ahead ever since. The neat thing is I learn something new every time I walk into my shop, pick up a book or magazine or log into one of the forums.

Reply to
Blue

Damn straight, Charlie. The rest of the jamokes 'roun' here can rave all they want about Robin on "Hometime", but those who know, know.

Beth rules. Period.

Michael (Robin who?)

Reply to
Michael Baglio

My girlfriend is really getting into this wood crap. She loves going wood shoping with me, fills my dolly with wood that "speakes to her", and builds some nice furniture. However, what it says to me is "how in the hell you going to get this to stand still?".

mark

Reply to
markm

I'd look at the site, but this link isn't working.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Geeze, it was a woman at the woodworking shows doing a minilathe demo (using cocobolo) that caused me to buy one and give turning a whack. It will be a *long* time before my skill is up to hers (if ever)

Women can definitely "do it"

Reply to
Lazarus Long

I have no doubt most women in ww are better than me. which ain't sayin much. I just know I don't want my wife gettin into it. even though I would consider myself more artistic than her she whips me in any eye/hand coordination type stuff and I don't want this in my shop. that's my domain, that's all I gots, left.

"Woodworking

Reply to
lucky1

An MCP here - one of the best cabinet designers & builders in these parts "Kansas" is a lady friend of mine. Works out of a shop that makes mine look like a relic of the past. She started finishing cabinets to make money for college.....Buisness Degree......makes more doing cabinets than what she would have done otherwise. She is married, 3 kids and still finds time to cook like a pro. Never underestimate the other gender, my hat is off to many !

Reply to
Scott Altman

My daughter is in her 2nd semester of Woodshop in high school. The stories she tells me about some of the boys in her class. Morons. I'm in my 4th semester at the local community college and I see the first time males in the beginning class, who are older than me, having major problems measuring and cutting! I'm no pro, but at my entry level 1 1/2 yrs ago, I still knew what a drill and sander did.

Reply to
Wilson

That's what I get for guessing rather than looking up the url It's

And if you haven't been to the site before - BOOKMARK IT! cause you'll want to refer back to it for all kinds of stuff.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Well good for your daughter ! she'll weed out the morons that don't count. Male ego can be positive & negative at times towards a lady trying something new or breaking away old mindset boundaries. Most womn i know that do WW-ing are much better at detail work than most guys. Maybe the upper body strength is not there but they can over come that with wisdom and given a chance.

Reply to
Scott Altman

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 04:31:09 GMT, "Blue" brought forth from the murky depths:

That's impossible. Boys are blue, girls are pink. (Y'know, like dogs are all male while cats are all female.)

^^^^^ Wow, most of us are either Neanders or Normites. You're a Stanley? Congrats on finding a shop and using it. Mo power to ya.

And that never stops. I love it.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:30:45 GMT, Lazarus Long brought forth from the murky depths:

Try

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 06:07:09 GMT, Michael Baglio brought forth from the murky depths:

Check out Gail and that clock face project. Va Va VOOM!

Robin's butt. Yum! (Both Robin Kipp's and Robin Hartl's)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

well have a look here then there are a lot of competent female furniture makers and in europe a lot of excelent site carpenters...I worked with a couple over ten years ago

Russell