Woodworking group

Page 1 of 2

This is a really neat club. Have you guys considered setting up a Woodworking group on mymapspace.com. This way memebers can see each other location and also instant message each other. If you get a chance, check it out - http://www.mymapspace.com

It's chore enough talking to all these crusty old farts in usenet... why on earth would I want to instant message with them too?
:-)
Joe Barta

CRUSTY!!! Humph!
"Leon" wrote in message

LOL. I stopped by Rockler yesterday to pick up some wood screws and the place was full of "crusty old farts" watching one of those interminable demonstrations they put on.
Hell, when I walked in _I_ brought the average age down about five years.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Well, I never!!!

Never? I suppose in this modern era there are a few. Really though, it's not so bad. Just do your homework and proceed with caution the first few times. Be sure to take notes, as you'll need them down the road. I do it all the time and except for filling out the monthly reports, I'm almost unaware that I'm doing it. I will say this, you'll go through a LOT of rubber gloves and plastic straws so be sure to stock up. If you ever decide to give it a whirl, let us know how it goes.
Joe Barta
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

posting here, thank you very much.
dave
Wow!! That sounds reelly neet!! I kin herdly wate to sea eech other location and instant message eech other!! As soun as I heve a chence, I chek yur weeb site.

Sat, Jan 21, 2006, 9:15pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com doth burble: <snip> memebers can see each other location and also instant messageeach other. <snip>
Now, explain to me just exactly why in the Seven Bouncing Hells I would want anyone to know where I'm located? And, if I want to "instant message" anyone, I use the telephone.
JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.
J T wrote:

Seven Bouncing Hells... damn, I gotta remember that one!

Why *wouldn't* you? You afraid the dead soldiers kook is going to come to your house and pee on your bushes?

Very often I prefer instant messaging to the phone. I suppose it's more about preference than anything else. Plus you can send/recieve files, not to mention there are no long distance charges.
Joe Barta
Joe Barta wrote:

Yup, that one's a keeper.
[...]

I just used an instant-messenging thingy to quote your "Never?" response from upthread at some friends. That would be a bit odd to do over the phone.... :)
- Brooks

Sun, Jan 22, 2006, 12:40am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@cits1.stanford.edu (BrooksMoses) who is also amazed: Yup, that one's a keeper.
Amazing. You guys even need to be taught how to swear.
Sun, Jan 22, 2006, 8:10am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@apk.net (JoeBarta) doth putteth out: J T wrote:

Seven Bouncing Hells... damn, I gotta remember that one!

Why *wouldn't* you? You afraid the dead soldiers kook is going to come to your house and pee on your bushes?

Very often I prefer instant messaging to the phone. I suppose it's more about preference than anything else. Plus you can send/recieve files, not to mention there are no long distance charges.
You can't use it, it's copy righted.
Because if you know where I'm at, you'd probably want to visit, and if you want to pee on the bushes go ahead, just don't expect an audience.. However, if you want to come by and pee on my electric fence, I'd make an exception in your case. That would, of course, be videotaped., and copies made available to the group, at a price just sufficient to cover expenses and shipping.
It's a lot more satisfying hanging up the telephone on someone.
JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.
We're not a club, we're a gang, yo. Tom

Word!!
--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmelissa/woodworking_frames.htm

Werd??
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Hello All,
I just want to say thanks for considering the new website that I've menetioned yesterday! You guys are really nice compare to somepeople who wouldn't at least consider it before sayng no. I just thought I'd be really cool having a woodworking group. I took woodshop before and it was a lot of fun.
Have a nice day!
Sun, Jan 22, 2006, 9:34am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com doth burble: Hello All, I just want to say thanks for considering the new website that I've menetioned yesterday! You guys are really nice compare to somepeople who wouldn't at least consider it before sayng no. I just thought I'd be really cool having a woodworking group. I took woodshop before and it was a lot of fun.
Yeah, yeah, yer welcome.
Of course we're nice. We're rec.woodworking.
You mean we were supposed to consider it bfore we said no? You didn't say.
Ok, I considered it. No.
JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

You have to keep in mind demographics and benefits.
Realistically, what is the average demographic that your site would appeal to and what is the average demographic of this group? And most importantly, what benefits does your site offer and is this group demographic looking for those benefits? Simple marketing 101.
Good luck with your site... it looks good!
Joe Barta
Joe,
Thanks for the advice. Our demo is really general. We are interested in creating a destination for everyone to connect. The neat thing about the site is that people can see each other's location and make new friends. Which I think can bring in more people who are interested in woodworking.
I thank you for your advice and compliment. it means a lot!
Best!