Woodworking group

This is a really neat club. Have you guys considered setting up a Woodworking group on mymapspace.com. This way memebers can see each other location and also instant message each other. If you get a chance, check it out -

giantrobot6688

It's chore enough talking to all these crusty old farts in usenet... why on earth would I want to instant message with them too?

:-)

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Instant messaging?? And say something I might regret? Nah, I'm fine posting here, thank you very much.

dave

Reply to
David

Wow!! That sounds reelly neet!! I kin herdly wate to sea eech other location and instant message eech other!! As soun as I heve a chence, I chek yur weeb site.

Reply to
Bruce T

CRUSTY!!! Humph!

Reply to
Leon

Well, I never!!!

Reply to
cselby

Sat, Jan 21, 2006, 9:15pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com doth burble: memebers can see each other location and also instant message each other.

Now, explain to me just exactly why in the Seven Bouncing Hells I would want anyone to know where I'm located? And, if I want to "instant message" anyone, I use the telephone.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

Never? I suppose in this modern era there are a few. Really though, it's not so bad. Just do your homework and proceed with caution the first few times. Be sure to take notes, as you'll need them down the road. I do it all the time and except for filling out the monthly reports, I'm almost unaware that I'm doing it. I will say this, you'll go through a LOT of rubber gloves and plastic straws so be sure to stock up. If you ever decide to give it a whirl, let us know how it goes.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Seven Bouncing Hells... damn, I gotta remember that one!

Why *wouldn't* you? You afraid the dead soldiers kook is going to come to your house and pee on your bushes?

Very often I prefer instant messaging to the phone. I suppose it's more about preference than anything else. Plus you can send/recieve files, not to mention there are no long distance charges.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Yup, that one's a keeper.

[...]

I just used an instant-messenging thingy to quote your "Never?" response from upthread at some friends. That would be a bit odd to do over the phone.... :)

- Brooks

Reply to
Brooks Moses

LOL. I stopped by Rockler yesterday to pick up some wood screws and the place was full of "crusty old farts" watching one of those interminable demonstrations they put on.

Hell, when I walked in _I_ brought the average age down about five years.

Reply to
Swingman

We're not a club, we're a gang, yo. Tom

Reply to
tom

Word!!

Reply to
stoutman

reach those who weren't in their shops... why talk to THEM??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Werd??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Hello All,

I just want to say thanks for considering the new website that I've menetioned yesterday! You guys are really nice compare to somepeople who wouldn't at least consider it before sayng no. I just thought I'd be really cool having a woodworking group. I took woodshop before and it was a lot of fun.

Have a nice day!

Reply to
giantrobot6688

Cabal.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

no

Reply to
jo4hn

Seven Bouncing Hells... damn, I gotta remember that one!

Why *wouldn't* you? You afraid the dead soldiers kook is going to come to your house and pee on your bushes?

Very often I prefer instant messaging to the phone. I suppose it's more about preference than anything else. Plus you can send/recieve files, not to mention there are no long distance charges.

You can't use it, it's copy righted.

Because if you know where I'm at, you'd probably want to visit, and if you want to pee on the bushes go ahead, just don't expect an audience.. However, if you want to come by and pee on my electric fence, I'd make an exception in your case. That would, of course, be videotaped., and copies made available to the group, at a price just sufficient to cover expenses and shipping.

It's a lot more satisfying hanging up the telephone on someone.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

Sun, Jan 22, 2006, 12:40am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@cits1.stanford.edu (Brooks=A0Moses) who is also amazed: Yup, that one's a keeper.

Amazing. You guys even need to be taught how to swear.