woodworking club or co-op.

Can anyone direct me to information about operating a woodworking co-op. I have in mind a location with equipment requiring a membership fee to use the tools and store a project while it is being completed. Are there such organizations? What about cost and operating guidlines? Insurance? Anyone have experience with this? George

Reply to
RESPITE95

It would help to know where you are. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Not sure where you are located. I live in SF Bay Area and there are two co-op type places in Oakland and Emeryville that advertise space available on craigs list

I was renting "bench space" (my own 10 x 10 area) in one of them for $300 a month, 24 x 7 access to shop and all tools, spray booth, snad/strip booth and lumber storage.

It was a bit of a drive for me and I negotiated basicially the same agreement with a local cabinet shop with the stipulation I would work mostly nights and weekends. Much nicer equipment by the way, Unisaw,

25" belt sander, 20" planer, 6' planer, etc, etc.
Reply to
Bill Wallace