Woodworking group

Sun, Jan 22, 2006, 9:34am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com doth burble: Hello All, I just want to say thanks for considering the new website that I've menetioned yesterday! You guys are really nice compare to somepeople who wouldn't at least consider it before sayng no. I just thought I'd be really cool having a woodworking group. I took woodshop before and it was a lot of fun.

Yeah, yeah, yer welcome.

Of course we're nice. We're rec.woodworking.

You mean we were supposed to consider it bfore we said no? You didn't say.

Ok, I considered it. No.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

Sun, Jan 22, 2006, 6:39pm (EST+5) Please_keep_it_in_the snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ba=A0r=A0r=A0y) doth disclose. Cabal.

There is no cabal.

You have been reported to the cabal.

There is no cabal.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

You have to keep in mind demographics and benefits.

Realistically, what is the average demographic that your site would appeal to and what is the average demographic of this group? And most importantly, what benefits does your site offer and is this group demographic looking for those benefits? Simple marketing 101.

Good luck with your site... it looks good!

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

TINC

(There Is No Cabal)

Signed,

The Cabal

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

w00t

Mark & Juanita

Joe,

Thanks for the advice. Our demo is really general. We are interested in creating a destination for everyone to connect. The neat thing about the site is that people can see each other's location and make new friends. Which I think can bring in more people who are interested in woodworking.

I thank you for your advice and compliment. it means a lot!

Best!

Joe Barta wrote:

Reply to
giantrobot6688

Maybe it would be wise to specific it up a bit. Open to all of course... but who do you target?

I read an interesting bit about myspace.com... which is at least in the same ballpark as your site. The developers of myspace said that nearly all of their improvements and features were a result of user suggestions. They built what their users seemed to want. I'm not sure how that ties into this discussion of demographics, but it's a good idea to keep in mind as you proceed.

Connections abound. And aside from the map angle, what is different about your site?

Back to the demographic thing... at my age I already have enough friends, and if I want to know their location, I'll just ask them ;-)

Bring them in to where? Your site? To discuss woodworking? Good luck.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to piss on your parade... just offer some thinking points. I do wish you the best of luck.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

OOPS! Sorry...

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Yep, this is a pretty good group.

How does it compare to the cooking club, digital photo group, Beatles group and all the MANY other news groups you've posted this message to?

BTW, do you work for "mymapspace.com"?

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

is