Woodmaster

Anyone with experience, or know someone with experience, on the Woodmaster 725 planer/molder?
Charlie Self
Don't remember the model number of mine, but it's the 18" version. I've had it for about 8 years now and I love it. I'm not usually a fan of multi-purpose tools, but this one I really like.
Charlie Self wrote:

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!
<<<__ Bob __>>>
Bob responds:

Yeah, well, I doubt this one will get much multi-purpose use, if it gets bought. My friend already has the big sander and likes it a lot. He could end up making molding for some of this projects, I guess.
For some reason, I've never done anything with Woodmaster tools. I think I need to do some checking here, myself.
Charlie Self
Charlie Self wrote:

Bitch Slap Bob Zajicek has something in his shop that's big and wide and draws a lot of amperes but I can't quite m'member what it was/is (Woodmaster or one of the other sanders/saws/molders/planers that all kinda take on a similar look). If you don't have his e-mail address let me know and I'll forward it to you.
UA100
Unisaw A100 writes:

Got it somewhere. Probably in my address book where I almost never remember to look.
He's gone off somewhere else to do his nerve rattling. It would be fun, er interesting?, to have him back and commenting.
By the by, did he ever finish his workbench? We spent more damned time scooting around Buckhead looking for a way out, and at the IWWF time before last. Last time, we barely grazed. I think my age is catching up to me: I'm always delighted when someone else does the driving in Atlanta.
Charlie Self
Charlie Self wrote:

He's over on the ShopNotes forums. He spends most of his time in the Basement forum debating OT stuff with other ShopNotes forum members.

I got a picture of him and Thom Trail wrangling a big chunk of it through a lunch box planer. That was long enough ago to make me think he'd be done by now. He bought a Unisaw from Redmonds and has (is having?) a devil of a time with it. It is a re-furb and the first saw (a 3 horsie) wasn't complete and had a portion of the blade tilting casting missing. He turned that one back in and Sally upped to a 5 horsie.

It is the Hell of the South though during my trip ('98/I had the same driver as you/there for the same reason) we went relatively unscathed by the traffic. I was lucky enough to be put up by the BitchSlap and his wife. Did some serious eating (home cooking as well as restaurant).
UA100
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Do you mean Bob didn't give you the "Atlanta rush hour white knuckle special"? You missed out on a treat.
I did enjoy my visit with Bob though.
Nova writes:

Yeah, whew! U turns across 4-5-6 traffic lanes--how he picked the empty spots, I do NOT want to know. I was born and raised right outside NYC, so am used to heavy traffic, or was, but Atlanta is a whole 'nother thing.
Charlie Self