Woodcarving Magic

Lee Valley Tools is selling a book called Woodcarving Magic. I was wondering if any carvers here have done similar projects?
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?pq532&catQ&ap=1
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Never had that much spare time or was bored enough.
--
 GW Ross

 The future ain't what it used to be.
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

I'd rather try to carve a simple "overhand knot", or my own version of an "infinity sign". But if you find the photo on the cover alluring, go for it! Personally, when it comes to geometric shapes, I think I'd rather try origami, as it is surely *much* faster. Based on the photo on the cover cover, the exercises models appear to be woodcarving challenges for the sake of woodcarving challenges. Acanthus leaves, violin scrolls, and floral motifs seem more natural goals for woodcarving to me. Compared to the two fish I've carved, the photo on the cover leaves me cold. YMMV.
Bill
Bill wrote:

I noticed that Amazon allows you to "preview" some of the pages of the book. The "Bird in a cage" looked interesting! Just pay the $15.01 and enjoy it!
Bill

I have carved a similar carving: Crossed Hearts and Celtic Knot Hearts. This is a link to a tutorial: http://www.tristatecarvers.com/CHandCH-b-2.pdf