Wood Lathe - King KWL-1016C - Opinions?

I was thinking about this lathe. Has anyone tried it and got a report on it they would share?
The King KWL-1016C http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD )&ID#85
I am anticipating doing small projects - bowls, turned jewel boxes, spindles and legs etc. I do not anticipate doing large projects.
Price is usually about $300 CDN - or $245 USD approx. They throw in a set of turning tools - not great ones but they work.
I know I can get the Jet mini lathe - but would only consider it if it is so much better that it's worth paying the extra for...
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

see. rec.turning

Jay Pique wrote:

Duh! Thanks Jay.
Having a no-brainer day here I guess.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

34 years and counting.....
JP
Actually, it's rec.crafts.woodturning
--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
One specific comment - put the live and dead centers in place, and close line the two up - and MAKE SURE they line up - I've seen some that are out by 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch.
Finally, I say what I always say about King:
1) Don't count on getting much of a manual. They're often a bad photocopy of a bad photocopy. Very limited information wise. 2) Make sure your dealer will immediately replace any part that is not machined correctly - not an unusual thing for King. 3) Assuming none of he above is in effect, you might be getting a good tool at a very good bargin price.
Brian