JET JWL-1236 Wood Lathe // Opinions?

Anybody here have a JET JWL-1236 Wood Lathe?

How do you like it? I may have a chance to pick up a used one.

Reply to
KIMOSABE

Assuming the price is right, go for it. Even if the bearings are a bit lose, they are both inexpensive and easy to change out. I have the next size up (1442) and love it.

One thing though, and this is true for any lathe, build the stand as heavy as you can. If you build it out of wood, load it with sandbags to where it weights 300-400 pounds. The same weight applies with steel.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

Love it. Use it a lot. Nothing but praise.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Maxwell Lol

I got lots of varied input when I asked the same question at wood central

line is I would get the 1220 instead, if the cost didn't compel the 1236 choice. I ended up with the 1014 because of price with a great deal, and find it very capable. But at stock prices, 1220 would be my choice rather than 1014 + bed extension.

Reply to
alexy

I'm not familiar with their lathe but I have experience with their band saw similar to the one shown here that we bought for a special part of a project

the time I was operating a computer control band saw for Ashley Aluminum in Florida which was a behemoth compared to the JET but surprising, within it's means it done very well and wouldn't hesitate to buy a product made by them, as long as it was used for light duty, or kept in perspective to what model you buy...Ray,

Reply to
R.M.R