Wood Gloat in Hampton Roads, VA - small

I found an internet wood business today in my area that is going out of business. Picked up 20bft of maple (some S2S some S4S) for $20.00. They mostly dealt in exotics. Have a few long boards left (4-6ft) and lots of cut-offs. Anybody in the Hampton Roads, VA want to check it out, reply back or check out the local "Trading Post" found at most 7-11's.

Joey in Chesapeake

Reply to
Joseph Smith

I am heading down there tomorrow, can you give anymore details? Location? Anything other than maple?

many thanks dave

Reply to
ClemsonDave

Some purple heart, padouk (or however you spell it), some babinga(ditto) and all those other exotics. Lots of pen blanks if your in to that. Not a huge operation but it was worth it to me to sort through. They are located at 1112 Jensen Dr., Suite 103 in VA Beach of off S. Birdneck Rd. They are in one of those commerce centers/industrial park thingmees. If you go to

and put in the address it'll map if for you and give directions. Its not far from I-264 at the beach or from NAS Oceana. Very few domestics there. They do have these huge maple planks w/ bark left on. Probably not something you'd get a lot of board from. Something they sold to people who like to make rustic outdoor furniture from like benches or tables. They also have a huge 20 inch planer they're trying to get rid of.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

cool, thanks! dave

Reply to