Wood/glass glue question.

Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks. It will be a stack of pop sickle sticks with marbles..It is for a craft..I would like to know, what kind of glue might be best, for my project? I will sand the side of the marble to be glued, for a better bond..I am looking for strength.. thank you, judy
Judy P wrote: > Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks.
Silicone rubber is a natural, just don't be in a hurry.
Allow the silicone to cure before doing the next step.
I'd use clear.
Have fun.
Lew
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:54:36 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Judy P) wrote:

Automotive windshield Urethane - comes in a caulking gun tube about 10$ or less. Wash the marble in alcohol for a good bond . Comes out easy when warmed up and is very strong. A wee dab on the stick and drop the marble into the dab and walk away. It takes a few hours at room temp to set up. Get it on your hands and you wear it.
Pete

If you really need strength then the normal answer is epoxy, but it isn't going to be easy to use. I would experiment with a hot melt glue because from the sound of it you need a near instant bond unless you have a clever scheme for holding all the marbles in place for several hours while the glue goes off!
Tim w
Thanks to all who answered..I printed out responses and will check all out..I am making a lamp..The bottom marbles and sticks are fine..I am most concerned about the shade as it hangs with no support.. Thanks again, judy
Judy P wrote: > Thanks to all who answered..I printed out responses and will check all > out..I am making a lamp..The bottom marbles and sticks are fine..I am > most concerned about the shade as it hangs with no support..
Your problem will be heat, not strength.
Lamps, especially incandescent ones, can get quite hot.
Don't think I would want either silicone or wood as part of the lamp shade construction.
Lew