Why Being a SoCal WoodDorker Rules

Greetings Late-Fall WoodDorking Mavens,

While the majority of you collectively freezeyourassesff, me and my fellow SoCal (and significant portions of southern Arizona and portions of Florida, I suppose), wooddorkers are able to enjoy OUTDOOR woodworking... at night! Bwahahahahahahaha! Most specifically:

'Deen

Reply to
Patrick Olguin

jo4hn

I hate you.

Reply to
Tom Watson

That's sure not enough to justify living there. Then again, there is no good reason to live there.

Reply to
CW

I think Northern Cal should become a separate state, since we share little with Lala land. AND please keep Michael Jackson down there.

No way would I be working outside at night this week. Maybe a brisk walk with a jacket on, but no comfortable woodworking outside.

dave

Patrick Olgu> Greetings Late-Fall WoodDorking Mavens,

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On 24 Nov 2003 18:09:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) brought forth from the murky depths:

I did some of that this weekend despite the 30F temps.

Most specifically:

jummywood (in 2 flavors!) for the little bridge. Now to put in the walkway...oh my aching back.

P.S: Your pushsticks appear quite lively. Are they fully thawed?

P.P.S: That's right. C-less actually did some woodworking this past weekend.

- Don't be a possum on the Information Superhighway of life. ----

Dynamic Database-Driven Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ya got nothin' on us. Last year my neighbor an were woodworking outdoors at night in January here in Buffalo, NY. We were actually sweating.

Okay, were were shoring up his garage roof that was about to collapse from the snow load while his '57 Chevy was parked inside.

Nova

I love it, the campaign is working.

Please stay away.

There are already to many of us here.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Well maybe, but at least up here near Seattle we actually know what a cathouse is.....

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Glad you're enjoying it. I have this week off and was looking forward to the nite sessions here in good ole So. Cal. Those damn winds that kicked up the other day did a number on me and now I'm too sick to get outside. I live over by the San Bernandino Mnts. and all that crap from the fires kicked up good. AAARRRRGGGG!! Well, have fun.

Reply to
Paul

ah, but at O'Deen pointed out, you can get the same pluses in southern AZ without the minuses of Cali-TaxUsTilWe'reBroke-fornia

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

$#!#!$#% we'll talk in the summer when the shoe is on the other foot

Frank (it's snowing right now)

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Nice-looking bridge Larry. Umm, I don't know how to put this, but you seem to have mis-placed the stream.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Hey I had to turn the heater on in my shop (garage) tonight. I think it was about 60 out! But that Orange county for you

Reply to
yobosaeyo

Not a problem. You couldn't get me to live in California if you offered me a job paying $300,000,000 a year.

(Well, OK, maybe I'd live there for about two weeks. Just long enough to earn enough to retire on and come home. :)

Reply to
Silvan

You live in Yankee Land. You hate everybody. Goes with the territory.

Reply to
Silvan

At least he has enough sense to stay the heck out of/away from California. From a Southerner!

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

"Silvan" writes:

You obviously haven't checked the cost of living in SoCal, especially the price of housing.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

But we have trees locally, not desert (of the sandy and the concrete / tarmac varieties)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Cheaper than SE England....

Andy Dingley