Drum sanding service in Socal?

I am making some pretty large end grain butcherblock tables (22 x 28). Som ebody told me that there used to be a guy who had a giant drum sander that he would charge by the minute or pass or something. Does anyone know wheth er a service like this still exists? Thank you.

Reply to
tutsch

I don't know if such a service exists. Have you check with the local shops to see if they can handle the job and how much.

Paul T.

Reply to
PHT

------------------------------------------------- Grimminger Drum Sanding (Steve)

15540 Illinois Av Paramount, CA 1-562-531-1028

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The Grimminger number is disconnected. Anyone know of new contact information?

Reply to
tutsch

Google must have been broken again.

You _did_ try typing "Grimminger California" in a search string and hitting the key, didn't you?

Google is fixed now. Try it again. There should be about 156,000 hits.

Reply to
Roy

The number that comes up in those hundred thousand search results is disconnected. That is my problem and why I posted here to begin with.

Reply to
tutsch

disconnected. That is my problem and why I posted here to begin with.

I'd think you're SOL. If the phone number on the web, whitepages and fb is invalid, and you can't get a number from your phone company, they probably no longer exist.

White pages search for home phones. No business found.

This one is an obit, which might explain why the number doesn't work:

Check with local cabinet shops? Even if they have gone under, I'd expect some shop would pick up the business.

Reply to
Roy

------------------------------------------------------ Might be a cousin.

Mountain View, CA is near San Franscisco, about 300 miles north of here.

Steve is also younger than 1930 DOB.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

--------------------------------------------------- A check of the LA Times obits shows a listing for:

Steven Grimminger Lakewood, CA

Lakewood is next door to Paramount, CA where the business was located.

Not willing to pay for added info.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:52:50 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wrote :

omebody told me that there used to be a guy who had a giant drum sander tha t he would charge by the minute or pass or something. Does anyone know whe ther a service like this still exists? Thank you.

Were you ever able to find someone to help you with this?

Reply to
robertzunigalogistics

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:52:50 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wrote :

omebody told me that there used to be a guy who had a giant drum sander tha t he would charge by the minute or pass or something. Does anyone know whe ther a service like this still exists? Thank you.

Would love to know if you found anyone. Steve was the only source we knew of besides Whites. There has to be a source somewhere.......all cabinet ma kers still using the face frame method need a drum sander. Maybe there were n't enough of us left to make it worth Steves while. Post if you found so meone....please.

Reply to
bobncar1254

Many areas have a local high school or community college with some kind of wood shop class. Check around there.

Reply to
Just Wondering

wrote:

Would love to know if you found anyone. Steve was the only source we knew of besides Whites. There has to be a source somewhere.......all cabinet makers still using the face frame method need a drum sander. Maybe there weren't enough of us left to make it worth Steves while. Post if you found someone....please.

---------------------------------------------------------------- Grimminger was the only one I used and he is gone.

Might try the major lumber yards like Jones or Ganahl.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 11:52:50 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wr ote:

omebody told me that there used to be a guy who had a giant drum sander tha t he would charge by the minute or pass or something. Does anyone know whe ther a service like this still exists? Thank you.

Grimminger sold out last year. New owner is running sander, same address.

15540 Illinois Av Paramount, CA looking for his card and will post as soon as I find it. JRS
Reply to
swiercz2248

Grimminger sold out last year. New owner is running sander, same address.

15540 Illinois Av Paramount, CA looking for his card and will post as soon as I find it. JRS

----------------------------------------------------- Last I knew, Grimminger was dead and business is gone.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

If you're talking about the one in Anaheim CA. His place got on fire and he is trying to get it back in service, RW Sanding Services I just talked to Mitch today.

Reply to
hugoclopez