Who is Norm?

Page 2 of 2
In case you haven't noticed, I'm new to this group and newsgroups in general. What is the point of a troll? Are they trying to build a thread to collect email addresses or just someone with nothing better to do?

usually someone without a life or any social contact, who attracts attention to themselves by being annoying.. "trolling" for bites to their bait topics..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

He is a famous model for "Long Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirts".

That's exactly what I ask my wife (about another person), she keeps telling Martha this Martha that, so I ask her Martha who?
<<That's exactly what I ask my wife (about another person), she keeps telling Martha this Martha that, so I ask her Martha who?>>
Except that Norm is known for wearing plaid. Martha is wearing stripes.
Lee

And, as of today at least, Norm isn't in jail.
--
Jeff P.

"A ship carrying blue paint collided with a ship carrying red paint. The
A fellow fisherman.

Others have pointed out Norm Abrams TV shows, web site, etc. However, to read between the line of your question - in this group Norm is alluded to (by calling someone a "Normite") as the promoter of any and all power tools as the best way to work wood. A person of an opposite persuasion - i.e. one who prefers hand tools - can be referred to as a "Neander". There is, of course, also a middle ground...
JeffB

read
calling
best way

hand
middle
What is this middle ground you speak of?? :)

For example, this Saturday, Roy, the Neander of the Neanderers, used some sort of machine called a Treadle saw, I think; foot powered, but definitely a mechanical machine!
Gary

definitely
Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Underhill is silently sponsored by the power tool companies to remind us how much grunting, sweating and swearing is saved by using their tools rather than the old way.
Go carbide go!
--

Roger Shoaf

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:51:49 -0800, the inscrutable "Roger Shoaf"

That's called "exercise", BubbaRog.

Filthy heathens. Get thee back, 120v Satans! <g>
--
EAT SOYLENT McD!
----------------------

ROFLMAO
Gary

tool
My money is on Band-Aid's as the underwriter...
snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca writes:

My granddaughters love him!!!
Glenna
Glenna responds:

I have a granddaughter who loves eyebrow rings. :)
Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush
On 18 Jan 2005 09:09:34 GMT, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) spake:

I bought a special treat for my mother who turns 80 this month. It's a silver Yin/Yang pierced-navel jewelry piece. It ought to be a hit in her retirement home. (No, she doesn't even have pierced ears.) <bseg>
--
EAT SOYLENT McD!
bkr wrote:

have

Bob Vila, is that you?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme writes:

Thankfully, Charlie, they are a mite young for those. (Four years old last month and six years old next week.) I can just imagine my middle son and his wife if either of them every got an eyebrow ring when they are a bit older. They would totally freak. LOL
Glenna