Who are these people and What is the story

Reading the group posts over the last few weeks since I joined, I have seen a lot about Vito Kuhn and some about Susan Welchel. Some pretty funny posts and some very odd responses by this Vito character.
What is the back ground? Looks as if he tried to impose his version of morality on the group? Or maybe he is just another run of the mill crackpot with just enough computer skills to be annoying?
Someone please fill in us newbees.
Thanks
Neil Larson
On Mar 1, 12:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Pull up a chair, Neil... what'll be? Bourbon?
Did you ever try to sew a button onto a poached egg?
..care for another bourbon?

Both, perhaps. But let's *not* go there, please. Not again.

Neil, if you want to find out what that's all about, please do a Google Groups search... it's all there, and there's a lot of it.
--
Regards,

But thanks probably to nfilter and your filter files, I don't know what the OP is talking about! I see you no longer use the sig line telling how to get this; it was a great service (and nice software that I'm surprised never caught on with a wider audience).

I guess that's a good thing, isn't it? <g>

I still use it from time to time, mostly when I see a couple of troll posts get past my filters; since many folks here use the same filters, I assume they see the same problems I do. And whenever I see posts complaining about trolls, I'll post the info again, too.

Well, thanks. I can't take credit for the nfilter program itself, just the filters that I wrote for it (and some of those came from Robert Bonomi, too; even that isn't entirely my doing). I still provide the filters, though, to anyone and everyone, and the program is still available for download.
Here's the info again, for anyone who may be interested (in the sig, as usual):
--
Regards,
Thu, Mar 1, 2007, 9:16am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net doth query: <snip> Someone please fill in us newbees. If you'll check you'll find most, if not all, of the posts are cross-posted. They're trolls, poor sad little trolls. No social life, feel miserable, and in return want to make life as miserable for anyone else. If they had social skills they'd have friends, which would mean they'd have better things to do. I've never been impressed by any of them. Every once in awhile it is fun to poke them, to see their reaction, sort of like poking a stick into an ant hill to watch them rush around, but in a minute or two any entertainment value is over. Same with trolls, fun for a few seconds, but then they'e just boring. Like ants, you'll never get rd of them, just have to ignore them.

another group...) a good sig line to use in such discussions:

The thread originates on news.groups, which is where it's actually somewhat on-topic (if any thread Vito posts to can either be on-topic or stay that way). Vito himself attracts kooks like a yappy dog behind a fence attracts kids with sticks.
If you search Google groups you'll discover the history... Vito wandered into the wreck one day and decided we were all desperately in need of salvation/moderation. The he and Susan started the fam.* hierarchy as their own little slice of heaven. But as a news hierarchy it was stillborn, so he has returned to the Big 8 (of which rec.* is a part) to continue his Good Works.
He's a raving nutbar, in other words.
--
You can't PLAN sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot! -- Denny Crane