Whimsical woodworking plans?

I've noticed some pieces in woodworking magazines that are a bit from the norm. They're curved,usually look like something out of alice in wonderland. An example is a grandfather clock that's bent over in the middle, with a face, arms and legs. They usually have the word "Whimsical" in their description, but I've been unable to find any info on these.

Can somebody point me in the right direction on plans or information on making these types of pieces?

Thanks!

Reply to
Howlie

Here's some ideas