where to buy pipe clamps?

Page 2 of 2

Amazon.com, (Tool Crib) $9.99
Max D.
Tom Kohlman wrote:

3/4 inchers @ $9.25, every day, right up the street in CT:
<http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/clamps_vises/pony/pipe_clamp.htm?L+coastest+rgtd4329ff447244+1114040449
Barry
I bought mine at K-Mart. They had exactly what I was looking for: one-inch Pony pipe clamps. These are very good quality at a low price, but stick with the 1" size, not the smaller. Since then I've purchased Bessey (made in Germany) K-body clamps, but I still use the Pony pipe clamps on occasion. Do yourself a favor and stay away from cheap clamps typically made in Asian countries. Thumbs up to clamps made in the USA--they are all very good. There are a few frustrations working with pipe clamps (black staining, crank hits what you are trying to clamp, uneven pressure, marring, etc) but there are ways to deal with it.

Phisherman wrote:

Surely you mean 3/4"??? I've never seen a 1" Pony pipe clamp and the pipe would be <really> heavy...
But, I agree w/ 3/4 over 1/2...