Where to buy Jummywood

Hi all,
I have a couple projects that I want to use Jummywood on, but where oh where do you guys buy this stuff? Hardwood dealers don't carry it. The borgs stock it but is expensive since it is S4S. I can buy rough sawn red oak for about the same price as the stuff! Where could I find some good ol' rough sawn Jumstock at a reasonable price?
Jums?
Frank
Add pictures here
βœ–

I can buy it from a sawmill green for 60’ a bd. ft. I just don't have the room to store it for a year or two to dry out..
I've use lumber from HD, Lowes, but the results are not always the best. It can cup or warp in hours. So, I went to a local lumberyard and bought some to make a bookcase to match an existing one. All I needed was two 1 x 10's to do the job. Cut the pieces to rough length and set them aside to finish the next day. Came back and three of the six were cupped.
I went to a hardwood dealer, Connecticut Hardwood Guild in Enfield. http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/hardwood/index.shtml Paid 2.95 for some 1" pine. They planed it to the thickness I wanted, cut a straight edge, then cut it to rough length so I could fit it into the trunk of my car. It is still perfectly straight. The bookcase is done and the leftover is still flat.
The planer they have is very nice. About 24" wide, it will do both sides at the same time. Punch in the desired thickness, feed in the wood, and one pass to take off a `1/4" or so. Looked like about a 25 HP motor on it. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Add pictures here
βœ–
Local hardwood dealer also carries jummywood. Place has really expanded both size and stock but also hardware, etc.

βœ–
Surprise Jums. I knew you were waiting for me to jump all over this one and make some smartass remark about buying it from a cheap firewood store or somesuch.
Naw. It's closer to what Ed said above. For cheap stuff hit your local borg and spend some time sorting through the junk. If you find some usable stuff, buy them out, take it home and sticker it, assuming it's wet. If you need some decent wide boards, go to a real lumber yard and buy the straight grained pine for fir. Nice stuff to work with.
    mahalo,     jo4hn
Frank Ketchum wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
Frank Ketchum wrote:

Come by my place with a chainsaw. I got a buncha Jummy trees that need to be replaced with something less obnoxious.
βœ–

Ok folks, for those of us who are not American and aren't familiar with this name, what is Jummy wood/tree in ordinary English? It seems to be a colloquial term. I haven't found anything useful via web searches.
Mike
Add pictures here
βœ–
Michael Daly wrote:

Here you go Mike, everything you've ever wanted/didn't want to know about "Jummywood".
http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=jummywood+group%3Arec.woodworking&btnG=Google+Search
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Add pictures here
βœ–

Buy? What are you thinking. Crates and pallets. I am wondering how my band mill that uncle and I are building will do cutting some red pine from my property to test it.
Does anyone know how hard red pine / aka norway pine is? I was thinking of making some flooring from some.
I wonder what pallet shops pay for pine and poplar.
Wes