Where do you buy your tool?

Page 2 of 2
On Feb 7, 10:44 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

lee valley, rockler, and woodcraft are all top-notch for stuff
highland hardare is ok too.
lowes for general stuff
tyler tool for stuff lowes doesn't carry
many online stores are ok
DON'T use northern tools.
shelly
On Feb 7, 9:44 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I bought my table saw and jointer from Harbor Freight. For just everything else, it's Lee Valley and Amazon. I buy local for supplies and try to take advantage of sales at Woodcraft. Except for that Steel City drill press. I bought that from the local Woodcraft, not on sale, with no regrets at all. I really like it.
I bought my four-inch fractional dial caliper from Hardwicks, but since the website http://www.ehardwicks.com/ has been "down for upgrade" for the last year or two(!), I used the phone.
If I've never bought from a site before, I google them to see what comes up. I didn't buy from some where I found too many horror stories.
I treat it as a gamble - if I'm lucky, I get a deal. So far I'm ahead.

Oh, cripe. I meant to type "Grizzly". I was thinking of what I'd bought from HF, but there's a store in town so I don't buy online from them. One bench drill press on sale, some clamps - most of which broke - and a brad nailer which still works.
So, Griz table saw. Griz jointer. Not HF. Woops. My bad.

The onosecond, slightly shorter than the nanosecond, is the time between clicking the send button and the realization that it wasn't ready to send yet.

I appreciate all of the information. I order online from Rockler all the time. Much more often than my wife would like! I live near the corporate headquarters for Woodcraft so I fantasy shop there a lot. I buy from them, but they do tend to be expensive. I also visit the Harbor Freight store that is very near by. Online research can save a lot of time and phone calls. I appreciate all the suggested sites. Some of them look promising. Regards, Dave G.