Where buy Clear Plastic Bags for Dust Collector?

These are 6 or 7 mil, 40 gallon, clear plastic, trash can liners to mount on the dust collectors like the Delta 1 1/2 hp. Amazon has them for $5 apiece. There must be a place to buy these much less expensively?. All I found on google were commercial quantity size boxes with 100s of bags and 100s of dollars. I probably only need a dozen. Hardware store only has black and not the thickness. The thickness is important to prevent tearing when the odd screw or shart wood ship flys into the bag. Any experience buying these clear bags for dust collector?

Do they really need to be clear? I think the bulge should be sufficient and then the 4mil 44 gallon Contractors Bags that are at the Borg will work.
absolutely need to be clear. I like to watch it work.

"Leon" wrote in message

Yep ... that's what I use. If you have to look to see that they're full ... well.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07
Swingman wrote:

Poke it and check for firmness.
My wife didn't buy that technique, either!

Maybe you should not have been poking her with a pointy stick. ;~)
"Leon" wrote in message

uh, uh ...
.... never mind.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Just use a thinner clear bag to line the inside of your existing bag. I put a cannister filter on the top of my old double bagger DC and lined the bottom bag with a plastic trash bag. Works like a champ.
Art

Those are great ideas. Are these clear bags your finding at Sams? Ive looked a couple places now and they are always black.

I just use the black ones as I can't see thru the fabric bag anyway.
Art

"trs80" wrote:
> There must be a place to buy these much less expensively?. > All I found on google were commercial quantity size boxes with 100s of > bags > and 100s of dollars. I probably only need a dozen.
You could always buy a box of 500, then repackage in lots of 10 and sell on Craig's List.
Would not be the first time a business got started that way, including the Wooster Brush Company.
The founders bought a couple of crates of unknown stuff at a freight liquidation auction.
Turns out the "stuff" were hog bristles from China.
As they say, the rest was history.
Lew
WoodButcher wrote:

I've done the same thing, only left the top bag in place(No canister). Saves having to shake the shit out of the bottom bag when emptying. regards John
Hey TSR80, Here is a link to American Fabric Filter Company. I had purchased some custom bags for my two DC systems and they also sent a PDF showing the plastic bags they sell. Great company, excellent customer service over the phone. Hope this is helpful, Marc (and I like to watch it fill up too!)
http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/dustbags.htm
Hey Again, I was able to paste this off of the PDF they sent to me.
POLY BAGS, ROLLS OF 50 6 Mil, fits up to 21 in. dia x 50 in. L, 50 ct ($2.25 ea.) 21DX50 $59.50 6 Mil, fits up to 24-1/2 in. dia x 72 in. L, 50 ct ($4.25 ea.) 24-1/2Dx72 $99.73 2005 ~ 2006 HOSE CLAMP & POLY BAG PRICE LIST American Fabric Filter Co. Wesley Chapel, FL 33543 800-367-3591 Fax 813-991-9700 snipped-for-privacy@americanfabricfilter.com
great help. Ill check them out. thankyou!

http://www.americanfabricfilter.com /
trs80 wrote:

I should have added.... call thes folks
http://www.americanfabricfilter.com /
They offer excellent solutions for a lot of DC problems.
trs80 wrote:

Large clear bags at Wal-Mart. I use them.
I was there just yesterday. All they had were the black kind. Ill keep looking. thanks