What's going on over at he Pics Newsgroup?

Ok I uses to love the Pics newsgroup. Seeing what everyone does is great. And I've gotten some great Ideas from there. Thnaks to you all. But what they heck is happening over there with this Krunchy guy. I can't read any of his posts and they just keep coming. It's very annoying. Can we shut this guy down?
Ben wrote:

great.
what
read any

shut
In the days befor ISPs, one could email the sys admin when someone was posting contrary to nettiquette and that would usually take care of the problem.
These days sysadmins at ISPs are often not allowed to nuke abusers' accounts.
So the only thing you can do, barring abuse of your own like rogue cancels, is use a newsreader that supports killfiles and use it to filter out his articles.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

I believe Mozilla's "Thunderbird" has a filter to do just that. I use Thunderbird but have never played around with any of the filters.
Perk (:>)
--
NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
To respond to me personally please use the following :
Perk wrote:

Thunderbird comes with a pretty good set of filtering capabilities. Mine is getting quite a workout right now.
I the pics newsgroup from over 3000 postings down to 11 by filtering out Krunchy and his little friends.
--RC
Rick Cook wrote:

Yep, it also works for me on the NewsGroups.
Also has a good set of junk filters.
Lew
snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Or download my TrollFilters (see sig), and use them with Nfilter as a proxy server. (Google this newsgroup on Nfilter for more information.)

Learn to use a filter - just about all the readers have them. Unfortunately, he has every right to post his stuff. It is the Usenet after all and copyright infringement or not, he CAN post what he wants. However, if some of the people would stop baiting him he will post his stuff and all will go back to normal. I think he's in a screw you mode right now because of all the flaming and the more complaints, the more he will post.
I use Outlook Express and Agent and both have excellent filters.
Just MHO,
Vic
Vic Baron wrote:

That is true because he owns the copyrights to his stuff. That is what makes his stuff HIS stuff.

If he is posting material, the copyrights to which are owned by someone else then he does NOT have a right to post it. If someone else owns the copyrights it is not HIS stuff.
Possibly if this is pointed out to his host he'll lose his account though more likely they will only act if they get a letter from teh copyright owner, or someone puporting to represent the copyright owner.

Does Outlook Express still have the "begin" bug, illustrated below:
begin
Because if it does, you won't be able to read this.
--

FF

On 6 Mar 2005 12:06:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

yawwwnnnnn !! well dude I guess you got your work cut out for you first you have to download it
oh its "purporting" NOT puporting
Krunchy wrote:

FPPmpppmfpmf, MFF mfmfmfmppfmmfmm mffmpf MFF mmfmmmpmfpmf ffmppffmf 24.69.255.232 mfffmp fppppfppp'fmp mfpfmfpfffmp, fppmffpmfpmf mfffmp?
snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote: snip

Augusthome is looking into him already. I contacted Gordon over there when the a$$hole showed up. 4ax hasn't returned anything. I'd recommend that you send anything that might be useful to both of them and see if we can get him to meet Wally at the Graybar hotel. Usenet is supposed to be free, but freedom and license are to different things. Unfortunately some peole have no morals or ethics, just attitude.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Autodesk is onto him, too.
Jerry Weinfeld, from their legal department has contacted several wreckers about this clown.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
Tom Watson wrote: snip

Exa-freakin'lent! In honor of the BBQ thread, I have a suggestion for when he gets caught.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Yay Rah, Hip hip Hoo - frikkin'- Rah. I am so very glad to hear this. it ain't even funny! Thanks for the info guys. Later, Beej
When is Norm Nowrecki going to get on this case?
Tom, can you get a message to him?
charlie b

good resource, eh?

thanks. and you're welcome.

he's "flood posting".

they're mostly multi-part archives. not too hard to use, but you might have to change the way you use your computer if you want to use them.

no.
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote:

Make a message rule (or two). You don't have to see anything he posts. I sure as hell don't.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I set up Netscape to filter out Krunchy's posts, but his traffic seems to have driven nearly everybody away.
--Steve
Ben wrote:

Steve wrote:

Actually it's fairly lively over there -- if you've got your filters set to get rid of the Krunchkin and his little pals.
--RC